Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a buddy of mine fished that spot the other day
no bass but the shad are there
looks like it'll happen this year
few more weeks for water temps and fish and we should be in business:D :D

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Very cool. It won't stop me from driving the 1 -1.5 hours to get to the salt, but it's cool to nail some bass only 5 minutes from my house. I heard there are some reports o striped ones in the Philly area.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice
same thignw ith me i'd rather drive the hour tog et to the salt
the river is nasty right now just got in from sittin in my truck down there
didnt even get out

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I was thinking of running over around 4 pm this afternoon, but then remembered we had some rain and it can get dirty quick down there. With the warmer temps, I may give it a shot during lunch this week.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went there yesterday
Water wasn't too bad
5 casts and my soft platic got whacked
Thought I was in 'em but it was a cattie
Had some small taps on bloods but nothing doing yet

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
A cat hit your plastic, that must have been inetersting :D I meant to put my light gear in the truck so that I could run by during lunch today. But I forgot, which I tend to do more and more of these days. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,589 Posts
We catch spawning channel cats in the St. Lawrence with suspending jerk baits. We are fishing for pike and catch at least one cat over 28" a year, right around Memorial day. People fishing for them on purpose use live minnows while anchored up in the shallow part of bay.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I tried out the spot today for a couple of hours. When I got there it was incoming and the level was up to the bottom of the door. Birds were diving and bring up herring in the 4"- 6" range. I threw a white shad body to no avail. I move up current a bit and nailed a 22" catty on a white shad body - I guess it is possible :D . I moved up current some more when I heard some big splashes, but didn't get anything. They will be there soon enough. ;)

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ran down about 530 today. tide was just starting to drop
wasnt below the gates yet
from my expirience its best that first 1/2 hr 1hr when it get below the gates
threw 10 casts snagged and broke off. didnt bring my bag cause it was gonna be a quick trip. watched the water for another 10 minutes few swirls couldnt tell
few cormorants when i first got there

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I agree with you regarding the water level. We'll have to meet up sometime. On my way home from work yesterday I saw a guy fishing a point near there that would be awesome. I never realized it was possible to walk to it, but know I see how to get out there. It would form a nice rip in incoming or outgoing current.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I know where you are talking about
If its not that spot I do know a spot right around there that is awesome, but a lot more snags, a nasty walk later in the spring and I don't like leaving my truck to walk where I can't see it. Plus I have found the headless remains of chickens and lambs on the walk in

If it is where I'm thinking it was either ole' man fletch, or bro lee. Only people I know of that know of that spot. Me and bro lee cal that spot flethchers point after the older guy who was the first to find it.

If you ever go in to alexs seafood on 130 in pennsauken there's a mounted striper in there that came off the spot. Also a nice walleye last spring

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
SIC Wit It said:
I think I know where you are talking about
If its not that spot I do know a spot right around there that is awesome, but a lot more snags, a nasty walk later in the spring and I don't like leaving my truck to walk where I can't see it. Plus I have found the headless remains of chickens and lambs on the walk in

If it is where I'm thinking it was either ole' man fletch, or bro lee. Only people I know of that know of that spot. Me and bro lee cal that spot flethchers point after the older guy who was the first to find it.

If you ever go in to alexs seafood on 130 in pennsauken there's a mounted striper in there that came off the spot. Also a nice walleye last spring
I believe we are talking about the same spot. Last year a guy fishing the doors mentioned the point to me, but I wasn't sure where he was talking about.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts