BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished last fri. caught 3 in 40. min. all browns. Went out this moring took 3 in 1 & 1/2 hrs. All rainbows. Took my daughter out tonight and she had her limit of 5 in 45 mins. gotta love when they get there limit and the two nice fish you have on get off and the last minute. and there laughing at you. 2 rainbows and 3 browns. all caught on power bait and a new bait i found last year called trout magnet. Awsom stuff.:) :) :) :) Be back out tommrow.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice!

Awesome report Im taking my 5 year old out on sunday cant wait she hasnt got one yet. I got 13 today in SoJo near the shore they just stocked today so hopefully shell get one on sun.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
phillyfishing said:
sweet.. might try there this weekend.. where you down by the house?
the colonial plantation? best fishing is about halfway between there and the FFO section. Walk straight past the trailside pools and fish the runs.

RyanF

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
RyanF said:
the colonial plantation? best fishing is about halfway between there and the FFO section. Walk straight past the trailside pools and fish the runs.

RyanF
when at the plantation is it up stream or down stream? i don't know where the fly fish only section is.. but i was told i can fish almost all of it.. i hunt there never fished it yet.. hunting is good :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went back out this morning had three in 45 min. Took a break and went back with my daughter tonight at my spot. She had 5 fish in 20 min. all on yellow power bait. :) :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phillyfishing said:
sweet.. might try there this weekend.. where you down by the house?
i fish by the parking area by the main gate where they fly fish. go above the falls on the road side or park and walk up road that goes threw park to above falls. they stocked fish last fri and are stocking again on 5/7/08. either is a good spot from 7am till 9:30 then the bite stops till abought 3pm.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
slice said:
i fish by the parking area by the main gate where they fly fish. go above the falls on the road side or park and walk up road that goes threw park to above falls. they stocked fish last fri and are stocking again on 5/7/08. either is a good spot from 7am till 9:30 then the bite stops till abought 3pm.
thanks i will try it if buddy wants to go.. might just stay in arund pennypack.. don't know yet

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
phillyfishing said:
when at the plantation is it up stream or down stream? i don't know where the fly fish only section is.. but i was told i can fish almost all of it.. i hunt there never fished it yet.. hunting is good :)
I think the plantation is the upstream limit of the states stocking. Park at the waterfall in the FFO section and walk the trail upstream to where the creek loses the trail. there are plenty of trail to follow from the plantation too, but you will be lucky if you see a butch chick on horseback. Walking from the FFO there will be plenty of eye candy.

From 476 take the Media/Swarthmore exit and follow route 1 (baltimore pike) through Media. At the end of the town you will go down a hill with a concrete barricade in between the lanes and take your next right onto Ridley Creek Road (if you cross the creek you went too far).

Follow this road to its end and take a left. Follow this road until you come to a stop sign with a painted wall in front of you. You will be right in the FFO section at the start of the trail. Parking to the left of right and lots of it but it fills up with fisherman and joggers.

Probably 10 minutes from the blue route.

RyanF

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
phillyfishing said:
thanks i will try it if buddy wants to go.. might just stay in arund pennypack.. don't know yet
youre welcome. went out this morning at 6am. had 5 by 7 and back home in bed by 8.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I agree with RyanF the plantation may be a little far upsteam for the state stockings. They use to stock all the way up past there, but I don't think they hit that area any more.

I was jogging in the park Wednesday evening and was surprised to see as many fishermen as I did. I was aslo surprised to see two palominos swimming around in there. Actually I saw the one hooked on opening day. The guy had it up on the bank when he dropped it. The line broke the he and the fish rolled back into the creek. It was great entertainment for all who saw and there were many. If you see a palomino with a spinner still in its mouth that would be the one.:D

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
lol i'm going to try and find this area... i'll see what happens.. ryan i think your talking about the exit right before the mall.. i take the exit where y100 used to be then follow it down to the post office and go to the gate.. i will find i.. i hope.. are the ffo spots labled?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The state dosnt stock above the colonial plantation anymore. they go in at the far corner of the parking lot and put in some buckes there. From there they move on to the falls (bike trail) and they work thier way all the way up stream just past the handycap pier. ;)

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
phillyfishing said:
lol i'm going to try and find this area... i'll see what happens.. ryan i think your talking about the exit right before the mall.. i take the exit where y100 used to be then follow it down to the post office and go to the gate.. i will find i.. i hope.. are the ffo spots labled?
Yeah, but if you hit Y100 and the mall you went too far. Ridley Creek Road is just before you cross the creek on your right coming out of Media around the bend.

Ryanf

·
Registered
572 Posts
went out today. Fished for about 2.5 hrs. Landed 3 nice Rainbows and had about 5 or six get off. all were caught using the green with glitter power bait. that stuff kills em. colonial plantation is where i park, nad then walk down the trail to a little hoLe I found last year.

·
Registered
572 Posts
went out this morning to the hole i usually got to, and all i got was one rainbow. Plenty of fish ther, but they just werent hittin. The one i got was on the green with glitter power bait. I had one other hit on a yellow rooster tail. When he hit, no lie he came about 3 feet out of the water, and then he was never to be seen again. At least i got out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts