BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off on Friday so hit Ridley to do some fly fishing. I was surprised to so many people fishing at 11:00am. I nymph fished under an indicator for the fisrt hour with out a bite. Then I realized it was not a natural trout stream in the Poconos and that these fish were transplanted from a hatchery on Tuesday. They don't know what a stone fly or any other aquatic insect looks like. So I put on a streamer and got nailed on the first cast, and on the second, and on the third. I had a constant pick for the next hour and a half. The Commision must have dumped a couple of buckets in that one hole and they were stacked. You would not believe how many fish I landed, but it was in the double didgets. Two were browns the rest were rainbows and nothing was over 12".

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
My office is like a mile away and i drive by it every day but I can't deal with the crowds at there. Today there were 5 guys just fishing the hole above the bridge
Not to mention you need to look like you just stepped out of an Orvis catalog to fit in. Either way I doubt I would be able to resist the temptation day after day, may try to get back down there this spring just for old times sake.

RyanF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.