BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been curious on the true and proper way to rig a bloodworm? I've been taught to glob it on and cover the hook but is this the best and preferred method?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
I put them on in a ribbon pattern and cover as much of the hook as possible. I was taught that if you leave to much of a tag the fish will just peck the bait off.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Tommy My method consists of a 7/0 Octie Hook and as many worms as you can thread on leaving 3"Tails.Its not uncommon to put 1/2 a bag on at one shot depending on the size they are.I have caught some Biggies on the Globs.If your gonna Worm do like we do in the Fall and instead of 75 Bunker take along a Flat of Bloods.No reason to underdo it :D :D ,HRL

[ 02-27-2006, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Bunka Chunka ]

·
Registered
32,487 Posts
I thread them on and leave the tail flutter in the current. When there are a lot of perch, croaker, spot, etc...I might use less bloodworm. Most of my bloodworm experience was in the Chesapeake but I've probably used a couple thousand by now.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Vitalsigns does the same thing i do.that way you can heave a surf rod and still have bait on it when it hits the water.you also use less worms/thread it on the hook and keep it inside the worm over your hook and on the line until about 2 inches of the end hangs out.Louis

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Originally posted by aquasport190:
I thread them on and leave the tail flutter in the current. When there are a lot of perch, croaker, spot, etc...I might use less bloodworm. Most of my bloodworm experience was in the Chesapeake but I've probably used a couple thousand by now.
Hey use them Perch as well ;) Good Topic :cool:

[ 02-28-2006, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Little Ricky ]

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Roger Dodger- thread them on the hook from the mouth- and leave about 2" hanging. Now- does that threaded part include the bend of the hook- so the barb and everything is covered- leaving a hook shaped worm- or thread it like I would thread a zoom bait where the profile of the bait is straight?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Cover the entire hook Tom. I thread mine up a tiny bit past the snell knot. It helps to keep it on the hook. ;) Bry

[ 02-28-2006, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: finaddict5 ]

·
Registered
323 Posts
If you want to control the area you fish especially if you are in a boat. Do not throw away your worms. Should you be lucky enough to have a seperate storage refrig bag them in a small sealed plastic bag with some grass from the flat. keep them moist. If they start to rot but still have some body that's when they are the best. The bass will line up behind your boat and anyone around you will go dead. Just fish them with a few strings on the hook. Bass love the smell of them. Stand by and get ready cause everyone near you will wonder what secret bait you have.

·
Registered
77 Posts
GET SOME RUBBER WORMS CALLED CATAPILLER W0RMS THEY HAVE LITTLE NUBS THAT YOU CAN WRAP YOUR BLOODS AROUND AND MAKE THE BAIT APPEAR BIGGER,STILL HAS THE BLOOD EFFECT

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I dont see why not. You are the fisherman, so you can do anything you want. Different strokes for different folks.

Steve

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
irishman said:
yo! i wounder if you could combo (fish bites) and fresh bloods?
a good combo is nightcrawlers with the last worm being a blood worm ...;)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Gunns,I always Texas rigged them. Down through the mouth out the side halfway down the shank and then put the barb back into the body. Makes them weedless too;)

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just give me a little weather and a little time and I'd love to try it all out on the beaches of Fortescue. :D

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Partnership said:
Just give me a little weather and a little time and I'd love to try it all out on the beaches of Fortescue. :D[/q

When I fish the Fort. I use a top and btm. rig with small circle hooks (2/0). I thread the worms right up the shank and over the snell. I seldom leave much worm hanging as the worms tend to disappear, there are some pesky little critters there. I believe the key to the Fort is to use enough lead to keep your the worms in one spot and not rolling acrossed the bottom and let the fish hone in on the worms. I also does not hurt to have the ability to throw far.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts