BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so Im thinking about getting the 7' G Loomis pro blue 15-30. I would use it for anything inshore like seabass and fluke for up to 8oz of lead. Thinking of matching it with an avet sx. Then for 10oz and up Im thinking of getting a 6'6 80 to 200 shimano travela jigging rod for the mudhole and deepwater and slaping the avet xj on it. They are both extremely light and sensative. and have lifetime warranties. Im just sick of using junk rods and getting new ones every other year. Heres the kicker, I gotta get them from cabellas because I have a rather large giftcard from there. So if anyones got one or used one, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have the pro blue in spinning and it should be fine. I use it primarily for fall bass and summer mahi. However i use the 20 to 40 6'6" model for all inshore species. I also have a trevala in the 6'6" 80-200gram model with a lx avet that i use to jig tuna catch drumfish and i love how it trolls a stretch 25. Both rods should work great i love mine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the pro blue in spinning and it should be fine. I use it primarily for fall bass and summer mahi. However i use the 20 to 40 6'6" model for all inshore species. I also have a trevala in the 6'6" 80-200gram model with a lx avet that i use to jig tuna catch drumfish and i love how it trolls a stretch 25. Both rods should work great i love mine.
Hi:
I just got a pole from Rick's Fishing rods. It's a spiral rod designed for wreck fishing. He did an absolutely excellent job on it, and gave me about 5 different blank choices. Very reasonable price.

Here's his URL: http://www.ricksfishrods.com/lessons.htm

Frank

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a couple Pro Blue 7', 15-30 with Penn 975 CSLDs on them. Very versatile set up. I use it for a bunch of different things. It's one of my striper rods (jigs, bait, and trolls), small offshore rod (big blues, flounder, etc), and I use it for a tog rod too. It can troll a stretch 25 or umbrella rig and bounce about 8 oz lead on the drift. There are many less expensive rods out there that do all this too, but I really like this set up.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok so Im thinking about getting the 7' G Loomis pro blue 15-30. I would use it for anything inshore like seabass and fluke for up to 8oz of lead. Thinking of matching it with an avet sx. Then for 10oz and up Im thinking of getting a 6'6 80 to 200 shimano travela jigging rod for the mudhole and deepwater and slaping the avet xj on it. They are both extremely light and sensative. and have lifetime warranties. Im just sick of using junk rods and getting new ones every other year. Heres the kicker, I gotta get them from cabellas because I have a rather large giftcard from there. So if anyones got one or used one, what do you think?
hey hoobody, i have loomis, talavera, and trevala in stock, if interested let me know, oh and another great choice would be a terez.
ray

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have a 20-40 pro blue with a daiwa saltist 20ha. Not a whole lot inshore you can not do with that rod. I also have a 20-50 st croix with the same reel on it. Awesome rods for anything from striper to mahi and anything in between

·
Registered
45 Posts
IS g loomis over priced

get a st. croix or a good star rod your gonna pay alot more for a loomis. its a good rod but they all use fuji guides fuji reel seats and all 3 use quality blanks I think you pay more just for that loomis name . just my opinion good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.