BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thule makes one but it's kinda whimpy. I used a carge box and cut holes in the back so you can lay the rods in with just the tips out the back. Then it can be locked and the reel and most of the rod are out of sight. There is also room for many rods or other gear. I think Thule's only carries two rods with reels.

·
Banned
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thule makes one but it's kinda whimpy. I used a carge box and cut holes in the back so you can lay the rods in with just the tips out the back. Then it can be locked and the reel and most of the rod are out of sight. There is also room for many rods or other gear. I think Thule's only carries two rods with reels.
thanks do you know where i can see the thule two rod and reels case, i can't find or view anything anywhere.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rod Rack

I just picked up a Yakima from Rei it ran me about $140 and I even brought in two rods to see if there was an ease of removing them. I also checked out the Thule but it was smaller (less rods) and seemed alittle looser (just my opinion). Hope it helps

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
thanks do you know where i can see the thule two rod and reels case, i can't find or view anything anywhere.[/QUOT
Beacon Cycling & Fitness (609) 641-9531 in Northfield across from the new Tackle Direct showroom might have one. They are a Thule Dealer but it looks like you are from North Jersey. Check their web site or EBAY.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
there is the discontinued thule castaway, or you can get a yakima/thule/etc clamp down style ski rack. i had a fentress 4 rod rack that i lovveeedd, but it doesnt lock. my main reason i just sold it. could have probably rigged up a lock if i wanted to

the rod vault seems to be popular..but seems pricey to me. ive seen people use the locking reel side with a clamp down ski rack on the other side so it locked in 2 places

·
Registered
112 Posts
Best one was the Thule Castaway, but they stopped making them a few years ago. can still find them on ebay/craigslist. not bombproof, but better than 90% of what else is out there. I would swap the front tiedown of the Castaway with a lockable ski rack - would make more robust system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts