BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I go to Myrtle Beach every year on vacation with the fam and always take one day to go on a golf stream trip. I usually bring a one piece rod but I only have a car so its kinda a pain so I'm looking for a 2 piece rod. We usually fish 60 to 140 feet and use 16-20oz of lead. We catch group,snapper,grunts and AJ's Up 30-40lbs. Any recommendations?? Oh and only wanna spend around 100 beans after all I only use it once a year.

thanks in advance

·
Banned
7,247 Posts
Not many 2-piece options

For 16-20 oz of lead and $100 you don't have many options in a 2-piece rod. I cannot think of any! Most of these rods will be 6 or 7-ft broomsticks and they don't come in 2-piece, but more expensive models will have removable unibutts that will cut about 18 inches off the length when removed.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Shakespeare has a Tiger Spinning model that's around $60 and two piece
Bob, you can turn the rod upside down and use it as a conventional. Looks a little off base but will still be functional.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I saw this rod in sports authority and was thinking of putting new guides on it,would it work?
Striper, you could, but you can do as I said, just use it as is.
I could build a Fish Poison, all black rod with a #1 amtak aluminum butt/2 pc with a top section about 4'-4'6" that you could fish all the values you mention, and could actually catch a Tuna up to aroubd 100 lbs. The difference is that it's American made, much better componets, $160.
I know it's over buget but it will last about 20-30 years of hard use, can be used up here for yellowfin bluefin tilefish ,rated 30-50 lb line
If the Ugly stick is $65, and you spend $50 fixing it. you still have an ugly stick.

·
Banned
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Striper, you could, but you can do as I said, just use it as is.
I could build a Fish Poison, all black rod with a #1 amtak aluminum butt/2 pc with a top section about 4'-4'6" that you could fish all the values you mention, and could actually catch a Tuna up to aroubd 100 lbs. The difference is that it's American made, much better componets, $160.
I know it's over buget but it will last about 20-30 years of hard use, can be used up here for yellowfin bluefin tilefish ,rated 30-50 lb line
If the Ugly stick is $65, and you spend $50 fixing it. you still have an ugly stick.
Maybe, your shop is on channel Dr rite?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.