BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know much about these reels?I see alot of them posted on E-bay.Are they any good?They go for about 35 bucks.They are conventional reels.....thanx

· Registered
52 Posts
They are NOT made by PENN nor sold by PENN, therefore we do not stand behind the warranty or the quality of this reel. It is what it is, a reel for about $30-$35.

Regardless of whether you purchase this reel or not, the ROddy Hunter or ROddy by PENN has nothing to do with PENN REELS, and for reasons not understood by me, have been allowed to continue.

PENN REELS DOES NOT MAKE OR SELL OR STAND BEHIND THE RODDY PRODUCTS, THEY ARE NOT PENN REELS OR OF PENN QUALITY. So, if you purchase one, please do not call Penn when you need parts or repair, b/c we can't help you. Best of luck.

Regards,
Brent
Penn Fishing Tackle

· Registered
22,240 Posts
Thanks Kaner, that clears a lot up & now know to steer clear of them. They seem to have suddenly emerged on ebay.

How come thay are using the Penn name????? New management gonna put some boot prints on somebody's arse for that???? Seems confusing and deceiving to me. ;)

What about the Jarvis Walkers??? Are they made by Penn or for Penn??? Saw that somewhere before too. If so, how about a little info on them???

· Registered
1,690 Posts
I have 2 Roddy hunter rods. They looked great and the price was good. They are cheap and not worth the money. I could have bought a nice rod for the price of the 2 and I dont use them anymore. The guides are the cheapest I ever saw and all the guide rings start to fall off as soon as you use them. I learn a lesson that keeps resurfacing.You get what you pay for!!!

· Registered
288 Posts
Expect to see lots of chinese tackle by Penn. Roddy Hunter is one of Master Fishing Tackle's lines. They bought Penn. Fine for once a year type fisherman but I have seen it all before the cheap stuff will be in the landfill while my USA Penn reels will still be screamin.
Fish On!!!

[ 03-22-2004, 11:39 AM: Message edited by: trade ]

· Registered
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx guys...That is a bunch of crap....How can they do that??!!!!I appreciate all the feedback on this....Never,Ever will i buy that trash!!I only seen them on ebay,never really looked into it that hard...Glad i asked on here...You can always rely on the great ppl on the barn to answer your fishing questions....fshlot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts