BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of these rods?\

Also, what spinning model would you recommend for multi-purpose striper fishing...in the rips, bucktailing, even chunking.

I was at Jim's this morning after my striper charter got blown-out and was going to by one of these rods. I really liked the way that they felt but wanted some feedback before laying-out 2 bills.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Shimano 4000 - the most expensive one You can afford
Rogue makes a nice rod. A 7ft line wt of 12 to 20lb fast action would be perfect for bucktails. Rogue is from the G.Loomis family. I fish a G.Loomis IMX SJR844 and Stella 4000 , cant live without it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They are great rods I have 3, 2 heavy for stripers and drum and 1 lighter for any thing from fluke to striper. They are great poeple to deal with if you have any problems.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Got mine from Jamestackle last year. I love it. Great tog rod as well as offshore seabass. I had a problem with the rod right after I bought it--may have even been my fault, don't know for sure. Returned it to the factory, new replacement right away. Give Jim a call. He's a Barn sponsor. he will guide you to the right combination of Rogue rod and reel.

Oh! I also use this one for stripers and drum. Caught stripers with it but I have yet to catch my first drum ever.

It's also a decent rod for OLd Ground flounder fishing when you need 12-16 oz to hold bottom

[ 05-20-2006, 01:04 AM: Message edited by: DopicDick ]

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I have been using Rogue rods for 2 years now and love them.

I damaged a couple of guides be careless (non-fishing) and call them about fixing it (expecting to pay since I was careless). I shipped them the rod and 3 days later I had a NEW rod show up at my house at no charge.

·
Registered
259 Posts
love the lsw 706c matched up with diawa 40hv some nice fish will soon follow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.