BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a couple of these to try out on the flats this year- anybody have any success with these down here? They are pretty expensive but I know they are very effective up north. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
469 Posts
i've used them during the late fall bass n bluefish mayhem right out front of wildwood and cape may with a lot of success. Bass, blues, even big fluke will nail one. I've always wondered about the pink 4" for nighttime weaks around the shadowlines though...
they are deadly up in cape cod, i can't imagine it being much different in nj

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have never used the Ronz Lures but I do use Hogys witch look and I think work the same way and they are great although they are expensive they bring the fish in. I use a 7 inch bone color and a black 14 inch when on the sand both work great down here.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I don't put a lot of stock into the soft plastics I use up here anymore. Blues will eat them up in no time :( Did you see the Hogy soft plastic Baby Fluke at the Somerset Show? Beautiful piece, but once again, if that get's a good chunk taken out of it from a Blue, it's an expensive piece of brown, mushy plastic :p Bass Assasin's are good enough for me! The only time I buy pricey soft plastics is when I'm planning a trip down to the Florida Keys.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with you Brian. I am going to try them this spring on the Susky flats so toothy fish shouldn't be much of an issue. Still, they would have to out perform the Assassins to make it worth the expense. thanks guys

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Out of Bait Nate said:
I agree with you Brian. I am going to try them this spring on the Susky flats so toothy fish shouldn't be much of an issue. Still, they would have to out perform the Assassins to make it worth the expense. thanks guys
Ahh, gotcha. I'm actually going to use my 6 inch soft plastics that I bought for Florida on the Susky Flats at the end of April too :) They're currently nice and happy inside a tub of Gulp! Alive! juice ;)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I purchase some at Somerset this year. A package of six replacement tail is 6 bucks. Hogy's are 3 for 10. Big difference. I can deal with a buck a piece (for a little while). I plan on fishing them alot this year.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Ahh, gotcha. I'm actually going to use my 6 inch soft plastics that I bought for Florida on the Susky Flats at the end of April too :) They're currently nice and happy inside a tub of Gulp! Alive! juice ;)
From what I understand that GULP juice raises hell with plastic. I hope yours hold up.

Why not just get the real thing. I personally believe nothing will outfish the GULP 7" jerk shad or 6" grub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts