BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw an ad on craigslist that both boats are for sale does anyone have any info..are they going out of business or bringing new boats

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
From what I understan John is looking for bigger boats. New regs for weight of passenger will cut him down and he carries a lot of fisherman.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks fred, i go on the royal flush frequently during the summer and love chatting with susie q... looking forward to a new boat

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
From what I understan John is looking for bigger boats. New regs for weight of passenger will cut him down and he carries a lot of fisherman.
? 1st I heard about this 'reg'. Never knew there was a weight-thing reg due to how a lot of the Party Boats JAM you on. Sounds like good thing - No more fishing rubbing shoulders and way less tangles. Will not name-names but I've been on a 'Few' reservation-only 12 hour trips that were advertised max of 40 -only to find out at the boat that there were over 50 on board--waste of time and $ with all the tangles getting undone instead of fishing!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
? 1st I heard about this 'reg'. Never knew there was a weight-thing reg due to how a lot of the Party Boats JAM you on. Sounds like good thing - No more fishing rubbing shoulders and way less tangles. Will not name-names but I've been on a 'Few' reservation-only 12 hour trips that were advertised max of 40 -only to find out at the boat that there were over 50 on board--waste of time and $ with all the tangles getting undone instead of fishing!
Line up a crew of 15 400 pound guys. Boats all yours :D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
New weight regs for inspected vessels

as of dec 1 2011, all uscg inspected vessels have to abide by the 185lb per person. the old regs were 140lb per person and 160lb per crew member.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ok....vessels being boarded from now on...."sir, can you please open your cooler then step on this scale for me please"? :D

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will people who are obese be charged a double fare like they try on airlines

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
as of dec 1 2011, all uscg inspected vessels have to abide by the 185lb per person. the old regs were 140lb per person and 160lb per crew member.
just another way to stop fishing---seems like the pew and other creeps keep killing the commericial guys along wth the charter--headboat and rec fishermen.

NOTHING HAS SLOWED DOWN OUR EXTINCION,IN FACT WE ARE GOING DOWN HILL FASTER.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
don't shoot the messenger.

just another way to stop fishing---seems like the pew and other creeps keep killing the commericial guys along wth the charter--headboat and rec fishermen.

NOTHING HAS SLOWED DOWN OUR EXTINCION,IN FACT WE ARE GOING DOWN HILL FASTER.
i have an inspected vessel, was(35+2) and was taken down to (26+2) not happy about it , but when's the last time you've seen a 140 lb adult male ???? i myself weight 257lbs and my 14 y.o. son weights 185lbs. and we're not going on diets anytime soon. so either we charge more per head, we sell and buy a bigger boat with more capacity, or we sell the boat and take up tennis or golf instead. can't fight city hall- you're not gonna win and they'll use your $$$ to make sure of it.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Given how Obama and his czars are operating it is pretty clear they will regulate the color and size of tennis and golf balls in future that is EXCEPT for the one He and congress uses

g

·
Registered
230 Posts
Johnny has been getting a little heavy the past few years and steering the boat from the top deck may throw off the center of gravity. Maybe painting two boats instead of one will help get the weight off.:razz:

·
Registered
836 Posts
If the regulations would allow us to keep a couple fish, then maybe we could keep our weight down. As it is now, the fishermen have to eat at the fast food places because we spent all our money on fishing and kept no fish for the table.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I remember you telling us this in class Chuck. Also the adventure and Royal Flush have been forsale in the yellow paper for years. They both pass by my boat everyday in the spring summer and fall. This year they looked like they had bigger crowds then last year but I don't think they were big enough to warrent bigger boats plus they are restricted in the area they are in and I don't know how mutch bigger they could go and still be able to dock without it being a pain in the a$$. They are in a very busy area as it is.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I remember you telling us this in class Chuck. Also the adventure and Royal Flush have been forsale in the yellow paper for years. They both pass by my boat everyday in the spring summer and fall. This year they looked like they had bigger crowds then last year but I don't think they were big enough to warrent bigger boats plus they are restricted in the area they are in and I don't know how mutch bigger they could go and still be able to dock without it being a pain in the a$$. They are in a very busy area as it is.
yea mike, the uscg has been kickin the 185lb deal around for awhile and now we have to pay the piper. go big or go home.... how you been doing????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts