BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an addendum to the "lost cooler post" from yesterday.

It had been a hectic "blurred" weekend dealing with my dad's triple bypass surgery on Friday (the 13th), having some complications and needing to be opened up again on Sunday, and being super busy at work. I was driving to the hospital to visit my dad when I saw what looked to be garbage in the middle of the road, across the street while I waited at a light. As I drove past I was shocked to see 8 nice tog sitting in the middle of the road! So I quickly began thinking and turned around to scope it out.

I found the "lost cooler" on the side of the road that someone must have moved out of traffic, and saw one of the tog flip on the asphalt. Inside the cooler was an 8-10# tog and another smaller one. So I carried it out to the road and picked up the rest of the fish. This made my day! Talk about finding treasure after a long weekend! It was all I could do to not start dancing!

A local cop pulled up with his lights on and took down my info. I said that I could not let the fish go to waste, and being an honest guy that if anybody called about them to let me know. No calls came in. I felt very guilty grabbing the fish, but why not. I put a post on the BB and was able to get in touch with a local guy that lost the cooler out of his truck. I got him the cooler and fish back this evening (minus 3 for me and my dad's first meal when he comes home tomorrow:) ). He did not know he lost the cooler until the next day, so fortunately for both of us, I made the right call.

Just thought you'd all enjoy the effectiveness of toggin on the road!:D

Reminds me of a few years back when dad and I gave a friend a 65# YFT that he put in a small cooler, forgot to close the tailgate and lost the fish while driving. He wasn't so lucky as the fish was gone after retracing his tracks!

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Honesty rewarded

Great story to start the day!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice ending!!! Glad your Dad is doing well. I am sure he enjoyed the story and comments posted, and will enjoy his blackfishs dinner. First time I every heard of road kill blackfish.

·
Registered
14,006 Posts
What did you find to be the best bait for catching tog on the highway? Did they try to dive into the potholes and snag you up? LOL! Great story. Wishing your father a fast recovery.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Best of luck to your dad. I was going to tell you that putting the lost cooler post was a nice thing to do.

Karma is a great thing.

Glad the Cop didn't fine you for being over the bag limit. :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Best of luck to your dad. I was going to tell you that putting the lost cooler post was a nice thing to do.

Karma is a great thing.

Glad the Cop didn't fine you for being over the bag limit. :)
Yeah.....that would have sucked!

Thanks for the kind words!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Toggin location

GREAT STORY WITH A GREAT ENDING BUT JUST REMEMBER YOU GAVE THE LOCATION SO YOU ARE A SPOT BURNER!!!!! enjoy your dinner and take care of dad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts