BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new to me boat a few months ago. I've been trying to get everything fixed up and get it in the water. The weather gods helped me this weekend along with my buddies and we got many items checked off the list. BUT!

Here is one thing i just need opinions, advice, stories, whatever you got. I have the black vinyl rub rail with the rope in it. It's actually in great condition and sealed up nicely. HOWEVER, the guy that had it before me painted it......red.....yup the vinyl, the rope, the whole damn thing....Whatever he painted it with made it hard. I tried thinners and things like that to remove it. It doesn't budge. Powerwasher nada....

SO...do I give it the condender look and paint it black? Try to use peelaway and hope it doesn't mess up the factory sealant around the rail? Let's hear it......:):huh::wave:

·
Registered
15,284 Posts
Replace the entire thing seems to be the only option, you could pull the rope out of it and replace it don't know if that would make it look any better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.