BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sat went fishing with contender 22 from the barn he used all manmade bait and i used mackeral dan caught more fish they me and also caught a 24 inch flounder on gulp mackeral strip ?what do you prefer ?

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have caught my biggest flounder and trout on Bass Assasins. I have caught flounder on Gulp baits but they have been outfished by fresh strip baits about 2:1

Gulp baits are good to have for when you run out of bait or when the tackle store is not open. I'd say your best bet is to have a good assortment of everything.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Caught my biggest flounder in 4 or 5 years saturday on pink fin-s.The rubber always seems to produce well for me.

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
I love throwing big plugs and all artificials from boats, beach, rocks, you name it... but in my book, live bait rules.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Rubber is easier to deal with. You dont have to remember to put it in the freezer. But there are times they want real meat. A tub of precut squid usualy comes along with my lures.

·
Registered
15,726 Posts
I throw mostly artificials - Bombers, Fin-S, and Zooms.

I will use a bucktail/squid or bucktail/minno when fluke fishing.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Im 95% artificials unless your talking fluke. Still get my biggest fluke on rubba though when targeting other species

always want to try plastic more for fluke but I always end up going back to the old bucktail and meat. maybe ill dedicate a day to artificials this spring and see what happens.

RyanF

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Some of the largest fluke ive seen caught in the springs have hit large metal lipped plugs that were being trolled along sod banks for bass.
Barrell

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Gulp ain't Rubber and yes it works. When something slaps you in the face you should take a little time to find out what is happening. I don't usually believe hype, but the package is right in MOST instances. Gulp outfishes live bait.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Idon't know which way to go.... Iwill tell you guys on monday fishing all weekend and have both guld and fresh cut ready to go. hoping the gulp works, have gulp crabs and strip, and a few shrimp
hope things go well.....

·
Registered
899 Posts
white bucket
fesh or frozen chicken (i have used frozen for crabs never heard of chicken for flounder or bottom feeders before....

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sat. i will be testing the chrome ball with the green bucktail i hear they are good for flounder, fishing for me has been real good this year so far hey matt i see you tomorrow (sweet release )

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nothing beats FRESH natural bait. The trick is to keep it fresh and change it often.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Originally posted by DABIGFROG:
white bucket
fesh or frozen chicken (i have used frozen for crabs never heard of chicken for flounder or bottom feeders before....
Either works about the same. Try tipping a white bucktail of a plain white or chartreuse jig with it. I think you still need some color to get the flounder's attention. I stopped buying minnows in the spring because chicken works so well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts