BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im about to call it a night, have to get up early and coach some wrestlers to a group 3 title but I wanted to get some feedback on these boots. I have owned two pairs and after a year my first pair grew a whole in it in the area right behind your toes, when you take a step the part of the boot that make a creese. After less then a year!!! Fortunately I bought them at boaters world and they where nice enough to replace them, I mean an 70-80 dollar pair of boots should be replaced after something like that happens. My second pair had a similar problem. Where the sole of the boot meets the white part of the boot there is a small whole. So small you could barely tell but water finds a way. I was outside one day sweeping some water away from my drive way into the street to deter my basement from flooding and my right foot was wet. I just assumed since it was raining like cats and dogs the rain got in my boots. NOPE, later a cold day in Jan I was striper fishing and again it was raining but my foul weather gear what overlapping my boots. There was no way rain was getting in, but I couldn't figure out why my foot was going numb. I finally realized I had a small whole in the boot. This is the second time these EXPENSIVE boots failed on me! I mean when you pay good money for fishing boots you expect more then a years use out of them, am I right??

Has anyone else had any problems? To make matters worse I try and somehow get a hold of someone form the company but there website isn't up and running yet. I left an email with customer service but I haven't heard a word. I sent the email over 3-4 months ago.

Does anyone have a contact number to rugged shark or experienced similar problems? I would like to resolve this problem before the spring. Any help in much appreciated. Its very frustrating!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
A freind of mine likes their deck shoes so he decided to try their boots, he told me it was the worst pair of boots he ever owned. They were falling apart less than a year. I have the guy cottons there ok, next pair is going to be Boggs they look like a good warm boot and people that own them tell they love them.

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
I had a pair that lasted a couple years and the heel kicked off. However, the new ones are improved I am told. I have them now. I can't seem to keep tuna blood out of them as it always seems to find it's way in mine while I am on my knees gutting a fish. Always comes in through the top. I figure a new pair every couple years isn't so bad. I only use them on the boat.

All our feet and situations are different and require different shoes for the foot and task. I have flat feet and require good support in my foot wear. I have only found such support in the rugged shark boots. Many boat shoes are flat, and while that is preferred by some, it leaves me aching after a long trips. It seems those with good high arches don't like nor require the extra support.
Being a CC guy I am on my feet all the way too, while at, and the entire way home usually from canyon day trips and overnighters. Cept for the some rides home this year Ack has runnin the boat. (Thankful for that) None the less my fishing style requires a ton more "foot" time than many of my peers. Being on the smaller side I also get rolled around alittle more and need a good sticky, stable boot.

Rugged sharks are my boot for the boat. They don't last on the hard, but the boat is the only place I use um.

Just my two cents....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Bought a pair two years ago and I'm sorry I did,they had cracks around the heal and several small holes in them.
They were fine for a few months and then the problems started.
I would clean them off and keep out of the sun.

Went with Xtra Tuff, glad I did.

·
Registered
192 Posts
rugged shark boots

Rugged Shark boots DEFINITELY have quality issues.

First pair of boots failed at the top of the foot. boot cracked after only a year or so of light use.

Second pair had the sole separate from the boot. again, after only a season of use

current pair was modified to have a molded kick at the heel. kick is added support for when you use one foot to kick off the other boot at the heel. so far, so good

you CANNOT get in touch with the company directly. or, at least i have not been able to. the company i bought my boots from honored my warranty complaint.

as Bear said, rugged shark have great arch support. i have their deck shoes too. they are in a class of their own for quality and arch support.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
BOSS boots bub. Made in USA, killer quality, good looking, and very affordable. I have to admit rugged shark did give you good customer service last time but you can't be replacing your boots every couple years. That as JB would say, "is a violation."

http://63.84.120.4/ParkStreet/Bossweb/WebRef.aspx?WebRefId=6488&NavId=241&StockItemId=6503

Hit me up and I will send you a link of where I got them. I believe I paid less than 30 bucks plus the shipping. I think it was right around 50 when it was all said and done.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I have the rugged sharks for the warmer seasons and have had the same pair for 3 years with no issues. To be truthful, I don't wear them much during the summer, as I usually wear flip flops or sneakers, so the boots don't get much use/abuse at all. However, I've heard there are issues with them even with moderate use. For the winter, I wear the Guy Cotton Astrons...great boots!

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Crocs if it's warm, Red Wing waterproof/insulated work boots in the cold... that's it.

Bought a pair of R Sharks 3 years ago and they were in pieces inside a month... total crap.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Get some "Wanchese Bed room slippers" the white boots they sell at Sea Gear. ( or commercial fishing gear supply stores) In the winter, I place a Flannel insert in them, they keep my feet warm - just fine. I think they are $25 - I get about 5 to 7 yrs out of a pair.

Best part?? you can wash them out in a Clorox solution when they get stinky :please:- Captn Joe

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The boots are comfortable as hell but I can't be replacing them every year. Rugged Shark finally got there website up and running and I called and left a detailed message. We will see if I can get a free pair of the so called "new and Improved" boots I will give it a shot but for the money and my experiences they are garbage. Its a shame because I could wear those boots all day long, they are comfortable as hell.

Thanks for the feedback, I will let you guys know how their customer service handles my issue. Gary I'm going to check out the Boss', Josh yours too

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Good thread I myself have been looking to get a new pair of boots. I have some issues with my feet and am trying to find something comfortable. I just saw a pair made by Shimano called Evair Boots about 70.00 bucks. Any body use them? TJ

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.