BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nonresident senior citizen yearly fee 20 dollars.nice small boat paved ramp within sight of famous oceanic bridge.senior must provide proof of ownership of boat along with proof of age.great crabbing, fluke,flounder,weakfish,blues and of course stripers.secure location behind town hall and police station in the area.regular yearly fee 85 dollars.weekends are busy on the navesink river

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Little Silver ramp is Free for everyone. It's right off Silverside Ave, first right after RR Tracks.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by pgoins:
Little Silver ramp is Free for everyone. It's right off Silverside Ave, first right after RR Tracks.
I was gonna say the same.

I dont understand the reasoning for the original poat?? Do you have a question Ekim or are you not happy with the fee?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is Little Silver on the Navesink or the Shrewsbury though? For guys with very small cartopper boats, being rowed or used with trolling motors the Navesink west of the oceanic Bridge is best. The Shrews has too much boat traffic and current for these small boats, except way in the back. I prefer the Navesink best.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I've been a regular at the Rumson ramp for the past few years. I agree it's a decent ramp at a great location. The 85/year fee is stiff for folks that don't use it often. Never used the Little Silver ramp myself, but the last poster is right. Running up the Shrewsbury to the Navesink or the bay would be tough in a small boat. Even without the traffic, the current can be fast.

- Sam

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm very happy with rumson fee's.i just posted for information for other members.where is little silver in relation to oceanic bridge?shallow water there brings first fluke of the year for me.great early striper spot casting into docks at high tide.ekim

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes Little Silver is in the back of the Shrewsbury River a good distance from the Oceanic Bridge. The Rumson ramp is a nice one that I used to use when it was free. i miss the days of fishing on the Navesink and might get a small boat to fish there again or rent a boat at the Oceanic Marina.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well, it all depends on timing really. The Shrewsbury is much quiter than the navisink too. Personally I've done much better in the Shewsbury than the Nav. in last 5 years. The oceanic is ALL timing. It can seem to be loaded with weakfish, bass, or small blues one day. Then they are gone for weeks on end? I used to keep my old boat back in Oceanport. There were a couple of times when we didn't even leave the dock. Bass will follow the bait there and stay there for long periods of time. I just think it's much more consistant in the Shrewsbury. Plus once you get out to the first set of green cans, you can fluke all day do well. I used to do it all the time in a 12' row boat with a little merc on the back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts