BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year I have to take apart the trim/tilt motor covers to sand and paint them. They get very rusty even though I use the mecury primer then mercury prop paint to seal them up. Looks loke they are really getting beat but the motors still work and the insides never leaked. I have been calling around for replacement covers and am told that I would have to buy two new trim/tilt units because they do not sell the covers. Sounds like BS. Does anyone know where I can purchase new covers for Mercury trim/tilt motors?

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
If it is v6 mercs newer style the problem with corrosion is the tilt unit is not grounded.Think about it the bottom of tilt unit is held by a pin with orings to seal no metal contact.The top also has a pin with plastic bushings again no contact with metal.Yes you need to buy tilt motors they dont sell covers.give me shout with serial numbers i could quote price also try to explain how to ground units.
Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is v6 mercs newer style the problem with corrosion is the tilt unit is not grounded.Think about it the bottom of tilt unit is held by a pin with orings to seal no metal contact.The top also has a pin with plastic bushings again no contact with metal.Yes you need to buy tilt motors they dont sell covers.give me shout with serial numbers i could quote price also try to explain how to ground units.
Thanks Jeff
Jeff I sent you an e-mail Thx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.