BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in September, I got in touch with Steve Gilmartin from S & J Home Improvements in Williamstown, NJ for a roof on ADAM BOMB HEADQUARTERS(AKA, our house!). They did a FANTASTIC job, and I was hoping to return the favor for this great group of guys with some STRIPER FISHING!

We left the dock around 6am with Steve, Doug, Chris, and Steve. It was chilly, but we were ready for some catchin'! It was a little tough at first, but we found a rip that had some fish on it, and the guys had a GREAT time ropin' them for the last couple hours of the flood. We had them on just about every drift, two and three at a time. Both Steve and Chris had their striper cherries popped in a hurry...

Chris with a BEAUT' takin' on a bucktail...certainly not 20"!! :D

We ran back to the dock for some refreshment at the top of the flood around 10am. We had THIRTY-TWO stripers to 38" on the incoming, and couldn't wait to get back at 'em on the ebb.

We left the dock once again around 11am, enroute to the Cape May rips! We already had our limit of slots and a fat 38" fish, along with LOADS of 'tweeners. The action started on the first drift, and of all the drifts we made, only came up empty on THREE of them!!! The action was GREAT, with multiple hook ups of two, three, and four fish on practically every drift!
One of many triple bangers...

Chris stuck the hook in another goodie on a bucktail...

After some excellent action on the outgoing, we decided to head for the Barn at about 3:30pm, after boating another SIXTY stripers to 36"!!!

The guys from S & J Home Improvements don't just do an awesome job on a roof, but also kick some serious tail in the fishing category as well. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Steve and Company, I am glad that we could show our appreciation with a great day of fishing!! Sorry, the weather was too cold for me in the AM and the septic went bad in the PM,(Do you guys do new septic tanks too? :D )

We are extremely pleased with the roof and would recommend you guys to anyone. (You even got the fathers' approvals) Thanks again guys, Tracy:)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Great job Adam
. How you deal with all that darn weed in the morning? I headed off to get away from it.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Great job Gilly and friends,

with all dem fish caught, bet ya never even noticed the crappy weather :D

probably even said it was nice out :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Great Job Adam......I was working with Steve yesterday on our charter and we landed approx 30 fish and missed at least that many. I would put a post on here but we are not paid advertisers YET!!

Dave

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hey adam, good to see ya out there. When the boats are covered in snow, I'll see if I can catch up with you. Good luck with the rest of 04'. Keep up the good work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts