BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes well today we will fill the 210 gallon tank and start to stock it for the 2005 season.

Everyone who stops by keeps asking when so this is it. Will take some time to get the fun fish but it will still be interesting to watch.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Definitely want to check out the No Bones tank this year! I just got a freshwater set up for the house. I wanted salt but I couldnt find a tank at the right price and I am not home all the time so I thought maybe it would be tough to maintain. Fred what types of saltwater fish do you plan on having in the tank? Could you even put say squid and stuff in the tank or would the ink mess up the tank? I have caught small flying fish, swords and sails in small nets in the canyons at nite have you ever tried one of these in the tank? Would you even try one? I would save some of this stuff for you in the livewell if you wanted it.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Kevin, tell Kirby the pompano is 6-7" now and eats like a pig! How is his tank coming? Fred, tell me when the shrimp start popping up around the dock, as my fish would love some. I'm looking forward to replenishing my tank as well, hopefully with smaller organisms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chunking, Pardon me for not being in the know , but I would love to check out this tank of yours. Where is it? I'm still kinda new to the barn and use it to find out whats going on, because I don't have much to contribute since I'm not that good a fishermen, still learning. But like i said I would love to check out your tank since i no longer have one and maybe this will inspire me to set one up again.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by BottomBouncer:
The salt water tank TV show was the best I ever saw!!! I still have it saved to my Tivo and I think I recorded it two years ago!
That sounds like an awesome episode. I really wish I saw that one. Are any of the shows in quicktime format so we could download them?

Fred - Do you have any pictures of your tank from past years?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Originally posted by Rageboat:
Hey Fred, my son Kirby wants to come over and help you net fish for the tank. He needs some for his tank also. He keeps saying "I need to get down to see Chunking soon".
He told me that at the gym last week too....he said Dad needs to get a weekend off to take him! So do it Kevin, take him.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ever have cloudy water and wonder why? About every 2-3 months, my tank "blooms". The water turns cloudy and takes about 10 days to clear. The culprit is anyones guess or know so. I'm open to suggestions and would like to know. At first I freaked out, but upon closer look, the bloom appears to be millions of tiny organisms, some barely visible to the naked eye. The way to see them is to turn off the filter and allow the water to become still. If I was younger, I could probably see more of these things swimming about. They seem like microshrimp. Any ideas? and does the same occur in the ocean/bay?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.