BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See Sanctuary Cities Argue Trump Threat To Cut Federal Funding Is Unconstitutional

”SEATTLE (AP) – Politicians in New York, Seattle and other “sanctuary cities” that protect immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally declared Wednesday they won’t be intimidated by a move by President Donald Trump to cut off millions in federal funding to such communities.
Many cities vowed legal action, arguing that the threatened punishment would be unconstitutional. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh promised to let immigrants who feel threatened by the administration’s actions take shelter in City Hall if necessary.”

These pinkos who passed all kinds of restrictions on the states with the threat of cutting off federal funds are now going to get a taste of their own medicine.

See: The State of Nevada, Plaintiff-appellant, v. Samuel K. Skinner* Secretary of Transportationfor the United States; and A.j in which federal highway funds can be cut off if states do not reduce speed limit to 55 mph.

"Nevada has pegged its attack on the national speed limit on the wobbly legs of the coercion test. While we strongly doubt the vitality of that theory, we conclude that, alive or dead, it is of no consequence here. Congress could have mandated a national speed limit under its Commerce power: that it chose to enact a lesser restraint, by cutting off highway funds to states unwilling to adopt the designated limit, does not render its actions unconstitutional."

AFFIRMED.

Additionally, Trump needs to start locking up those who are harboring illegal entrants SEE: 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax slaves and forced to finance the personal economic needs of millions of foreigners who have invaded America’s borders.

·
Registered
20,092 Posts
I am going to love watching this unfold. Any city that wants to be a sanctuary city can do so, any state that wants to be a sanctuary state can do so, but the only body that approves the continued allocation of federal funds to support it is congress. They can sue the fed all they want, but at the end of the day it is capitol Hill that has the Federal money.

Once the States have to start footing the bill, lets see just how many state taxpayers want pay the freight for the sole support..... I'll bet even California caves in. It will be loud, it will be ugly, but when cash comes to shove.... this program is over.

·
Registered
31,319 Posts
I am going to love watching this unfold. Any city that wants to be a sanctuary city can do so, any state that wants to be a sanctuary state can do so, but the only body that approves the continued allocation of federal funds to support it is congress. They can sue the fed all they want, but at the end of the day it is capitol Hill that has the Federal money.

Once the States have to start footing the bill, lets see just how many state taxpayers want pay the freight for the sole support..... I'll bet even California caves in. It will be loud, it will be ugly, but when cash comes to shove.... this program is over.
No your dead wrong. Federal funding has nothing to do with it. Trump can send in the Feds to arrest these illegals and ship there asses home. And the mayors can be arrested for treason. Read your Constitution.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
GOVERNORS who have defied the Feds have historically fared poorly....

The Mayors are on a fool's errand.:D

·
Registered
20,092 Posts
No your dead wrong. Federal funding has nothing to do with it. Trump can send in the Feds to arrest these illegals and ship there asses home. And the mayors can be arrested for treason. Read your Constitution.
Disagree G... it is all about the $$. Cities are barely afloat with billions in Federal subsidies coming in for everything from streetlights to education to law enforcement to rat poison. Choke the city, make the state taxpayers pick up the slack, and the politicians that support this Sanctuary BS will be looking for sanctuary from the very people that elected them.

·
Registered
31,319 Posts
Disagree G... it is all about the $$. Cities are barely afloat with billions in Federal subsidies coming in for everything from streetlights to education to law enforcement to rat poison. Choke the city, make the state taxpayers pick up the slack, and the politicians that support this Sanctuary BS will be looking for sanctuary from the very people that elected them.
Not at all FM that's a left talking point that infuriates me. Trump NEVER said he would cut off federal funding to any city. He said he will withhold federal (Sanctuary city) funding to any city that does not comply with federal (IE Constitutional) law.

So tell the comy mayor from NY bye bye to 748 million he gets for SC's alone. And the other comy in Seattle say bye to another 158 million oh and Los Angles 278 million. See FM that's a Billion already to go towards the wall. The PEOPLE are in charge now and this is what the people want.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
76,295 Posts
Again Trump will force the Dems to defend supporting illegal activity which will cost the tax payers money.
This is getting better each day.

Reactions: Fishin' Finn

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
A virtual array of Winning.
It's actually hard to keep up with.
I try, but with every press of a key there are more wins.
He did say we would tire of winning.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
You **** with the bull... you get the horns..

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
For the benefit of the BB, here is the map outlining the sanctuary cities, counties, and states, as of December 16, 2016, courtesy of the Center For Immigration Studies, at:

http://cis.org/Sanctuary-Cities-Map

There are over forty sanctuary cities and far more counties, and some states. If you scroll down on the site it identifies the jurisdictions.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SEE: 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

SEE: 8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax slaves and forced to finance the personal economic needs of millions of foreigners who have invaded America’s borders.

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Finn that list is flawed.

Ocean County NJ is NOT a santuary County in NJ.

It was for about a year, during the Obama reign of terror, the good ole boys found out and said NO way I believe in 2014.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Finn that list is flawed.

Ocean County NJ is NOT a santuary County in NJ.

It was for about a year, during the Obama reign of terror, the good ole boys found out and said NO way I believe in 2014.
As for most of these types of organizations, the Center for Immigration Studies, probably has an agenda leaning toward one side or the other, and I do not know their leanings. They claim that this map is current to last December.

I also think that there is no clear cut definition for what constitutes a sanctuary city, county, or state. I don't know if you picked up on it, if you click on the pins it will open up to explain the basis for their designation. In the case of Ocean County:

Scan.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts