BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fynn's Knoll has been packed. I cannot vouche for what they are catching (I do not play that game), but they must be catching something on the chunk.

Bunker schools were very prevlent in the outter parts of Sandy hook and Raritan bays over the weekend. Have not fished the bay pods but I have gotta believe there is fish under them. We have been traveling down the beach towards the rocks finding a pod and working it with great results. Evening bites on these pods are awesome.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
23 Fisherman cuddy - 250 yamaha - tough to beat the ride and space for a 23 footer. Highly recommend them. I am a floating DUSKY advertisment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I heard there was a Dusky in the Raritan Bay area. I am the proud owner of a 2004 Dusky 203 open with a 175 Johnson. The amount of space on it is incredible and so is the ride. If you ever want to fish the Barnegat area on mine give me a shout. I know another Dusky in my area owned by a person by the name of Scott D. He has the 23 FAC. Maybe we can get a NJ Dusky fishing tournament going ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
They are catching small fish on the Knoll. And from what I have heard they didn't get any fish in the bunker schools moving into the Bay.

Bri

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Guys,

I think I'm the Scott D mentioned... We have a 2002 23 FAC with a 225 Ficht. The name of the boat is Reel Time.

Dusky - Is that you Phil? I think we saw you right outside the Atlantic Highlands Harbor one morning about a month ago. Funny thing is there was an older FAC in the harbor with us. If its you - good job in that tournament!

3 Duskys at one marina in NJ??? WOW.

I saw a new (2003) 256 CC fishing the Manasquan River last summer as well so they are around.

Anyway, we fish up at the Hook in the spring and fall and out of Toms River in the summer. We mostly fished Old Orchard and Roamer this year. I didn't fish the Knoll much but it has been good to us in the past.

I hope the bunker hang around down the beach. We will be out of Manasquan or Barnegat starting Friday thru the weekend. If anyones out, give me a shout on 16 or 72.

-Scott

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nice Boats Guys. I know I've seen at least 2 of you around the Rartian. Anyway the fish are her ein a big way. They are hold off on the ocean side under the big bunker schools. There are plenty of fish being caught on clam too on the knoll. There was a 52 1/2 lber caught yesterday on dead whole bunker. The guys that were fishing under the bunker schools were catching them on chunks, dead whole, and live.

As long as the bait stays around so will the bass.

·
Registered
121 Posts
hi paul i was out from 8pm till 6am this morning the fishing was hot. two guys put 18 bass in the boat to 23# on chunks no slots. was on the ocean side of the hook.frank ;)

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I have not seen a Slot since the 3rd week of May.But I am not using Clams.According to some of the sources I spoke to,the Live Lining today was crazy.I have a charter booked for early Sunday morning and if all the bait hangs around I may have to book another 6 trips
.Catch em up guys !

Art

[ 06-17-2004, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Originally posted by fishnjbass:
hi paul i was out from 8pm till 6am this morning the fishing was hot. two guys put 18 bass in the boat to 23# on chunks no slots. was on the ocean side of the hook.frank ;)
What's going on Frank. How's you son doing? My friend just called me to rub it in. They boated 3 over 40# today. I will be out later of course but the nasty is starting to blow in it could get interesting.

Nice going last night. We have to fish together one of these days.
paul

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Paul I am NYC now it's looks like Midnight outside.Like Bill Murray said I think the Heavy stuff is going to come down.Be careful tonight.

[ 06-17-2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: The real Clamman ]

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
I've allways been fond of the Duskys. I fished a Barners 23 ft. Dusky CC on Sat. Maybe he'll chime in here. We went out to the N. Ridge in a confused 4ft. Sea. Ride was great, we made good time and the ride was very dry for a CC.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts