Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please use this thread for reports only

Posting a report,please be sure to include as much valuable information as possible. When it comes to "location", please DO NOT post specific "SPOTS".
This request is brought to you by "P.E.T.S" (People For The Ethical Treatment Of Spots)

General area only.
Tide and Conditions
# Fish Caught
bait/lure/fly
Pic's are welcome

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Rick..still casting said:
Not for lack of trying,,, just can't push myself to try bait,they're still laughing at me,,,,,soon a hook will sink!
Rick, try plastic worms(Carolina rig) treating me well...

Thanks to Slimedog's tip, Thanks bud;) :cool:

·
Registered
839 Posts
thanx for the tip, will give it a workout tonight,, did try last night w/ same nada results,5" pearl shad, It was good to be out testing my new rod that basspirate made for me,, the fog was was froggy, wish I could wear contacts,, hit it at high tide,, no one around that I could see for all of 30' or was that 30"?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Basstastic

I'm a newbie guys and an internet moron...my computer laugh's at me...but I can tell you I have been picking away at some 34 - 37" bass on the western end of Raritan Bay on clams...incoming on the low side seems to be feeding time for the bigger bass...I am not capable of posting pic's...my deficincy not the computer...but I took the cash prize from Crabby's on Tuesday for the first bass over 15 lbs. and he has the pic. in his shop...It's worth a trip now...they are there.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hoagie said:
I'm a newbie guys and an internet moron...my computer laugh's at me...but I can tell you I have been picking away at some 34 - 37" bass on the western end of Raritan Bay on clams...incoming on the low side seems to be feeding time for the bigger bass...I am not capable of posting pic's...my deficincy not the computer...but I took the cash prize from Crabby's on Tuesday for the first bass over 15 lbs. and he has the pic. in his shop...It's worth a trip now...they are there.
welcome aboard and congrats on the crabby's prize. i remember reading that it is something like 25 dollars. you would think they could shell out a little more than that. i'm heading out with clams for the beginning of outgoing around here and will report back. rick, i can only imagine how bad it was. i hit spring lake yesterday and it was a mess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Rebel...It sure was snotty yesterday and all week with the Nor'easterly's, but you dress for success...waders, rain gear and a lot of layers...even in April...I hope you hit 'em.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Hoagie Welcome aboard!!! Nice report. The bigger bass are moving in on the front beaches..

·
Registered
839 Posts
RebelMusicNP,,,when we finally start having our season I look forward to working the surf b4 work w/ you,,the mild frustration continues,, That fishincrazy guy and I tried IBSP last night, though I've read some are catching there we weren't we even tried clams,, you know you are really stupid when standing in water and watching lightening in the distance, yeah common sense took over and we stopped for a minute,, very few guys out there I wonder why? my mantras are ,"Any Day Now", "Here fishy fishy","Soon" & "You are fat and ugly"= remember that lure commercial?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Rick..still casting said:
RebelMusicNP,,,when we finally start having our season I look forward to working the surf b4 work w/ you,,the mild frustration continues,, That fishincrazy guy and I tried IBSP last night, though I've read some are catching there we weren't we even tried clams,, you know you are really stupid when standing in water and watching lightening in the distance, yeah common sense took over and we stopped for a minute,, very few guys out there I wonder why? my mantras are ,"Any Day Now", "Here fishy fishy","Soon" & "You are fat and ugly"= remember that lure commercial?
i talked to jim earlier in the evening and figured either you guys didn't fish or you headed south. i'm about to hit some of the incoming out front since out going yesterday didn't produce a thing. we hope to close on the house by early june now so i'll be in the area soon. i'll be studying that huge expanse of a bay when i come into town.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I was able to get out yesterday for a few hours. I was initially going to hit RB, but a bunch of variables turned me away from it. It wasn't the tide I wanted to fish, I figured with all the reports it was going to be mobbed on a weekend afternoon, and finally I have never fished there before so I didn't feel like exploring or looking for a good spot. So I headed out front in Monmouth county. Water was a little rough and dirty. Worked a yellow bomber in some whie water but left after a bit. Tried another spot, with a few casts with a bucktail but nothing. Saw a few guys on the beaches here and there. Saw gannets diving about 200yds off shore. Headed to a BnT and bought some plugs :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
My streak on the incoming came to an end today...had 2 hits but no takers...it was a 6 day streak...looking for the next pattern...I'll be moving to the Sandy Hook area and the Navasink river...I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
hit the beach with clams for two hours of incoming and hit the river with a weedless jerk shad for outgoing. 0-2
saw the gannets diving north to south at about the 35 foot depth as well. let's hope the full moon causes those fish to move into the rivers and bays.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Apr 17, report

Fished up river tonight in a MOCO river, waded out to catch the outgoing tide, bass were active, missed two and picked four all on 7 inch slug-os and 8 inch Hurricane curly tail grubs. Two keepers 31 and 33". Small bass were very aggressive. Used the Lunker City weighted hooks, cast, drift, bounce, twitch and boom! Nice aggressive hits, good sign. Hopefully this weekend and next week they will be making it out to SH backside. Possibly we will get the "sandwich effect" from RB and the NR at SH. LETS CROSS OUR FINGERS! Buddy of mine scored well with 6 shorts on the outgoing also with bloodworms on the drift. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Fished my favorite flats on Fri evening. Two guys-one rat. The fish are small and the pressure is heavy. So many fisherman with so little results. Must have been 50 lbs. of clam in the water and not much caught. The bad news is the yellow eyes are here.

·
Registered
839 Posts
went out in ocean county area,, I and 4 others were catching the little guys,,on clams, my largest was maybe 22",skinny,4oz was holding, this was dusk into dark,top of high tide,no debris n water, I put down my claming rod to try bombers(small&large) and shads w/o any strikes,, looking forward to alot more meat on their bones,, still great 2 be out and getting fish.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.