BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed to anna maria island near sarasota florida at the end of february for a few days. I am looking for any suggetions on guides or what to expect to fish for this time of the year having never fished in florida before. I am not looking to big game fish, just go catch as many different kinds of fish that I can.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Rent a boat and go yourself. I fished in little Sarasota bay a week ago and had a great time. I caught Permit, Snook,Ladyfish, Jacks and Reds. That is all in one day. I believe CB's it is a bait and tackle shop will point you in the right direction. You can e-mail me and I will provide as much info as possible. [email protected]. I have a small boat down there that I go in my dad has a place in Northport about a half hour below Sarasota.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
do some homework and rent a boat. You'll be in a great place to run around. The south side of Tampa Bay is great and you will be right there. There are arifical reefs that are easy to get to and lots of holes and shallows to check out. Fla. web sites will send you free charts and videos. http://research.myfwc.com/products/products.asp I'm hoping to be down there in Feb as well. I just got back and hated to leave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.