BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CousinRichie and I fished mainly the back bay and inlet today down in CM. Didn't have much to show for our efforts except for a few croakers (porchette as Tommy Guns would call them) and a couple short flatties. Wind was howing out of the WNW. Ran into many barners trying their best. Good seeing you all out there. Chuck and Mary are the bomb and always make even the slow days that much better. Till next time!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Joe it was good seeing you and richie out there just wish it was under better conditions at the OG. We got 2 shorts all day in that mess, but the highlite was my man Jerry getting to the boat early and bags 3 stripers on squid under the boat in the slip. I didn't beleive it till he opened the livewell with 28" bass in it. He came to play but condition were too bogus with the salad and wind, just glad not to get stuck back there @ low tide, we shoulda trieded crabbing.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Rodfather, we were the 26 mako drifting right near you guys by sunset, we managed 2 keepers but only caught 3 flatties, so the ratio was good, but we didn't find any croaks, where did you find those?

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve we found those out by the inlet. Wind chased us back in rather quickly. Congrats on the two keepers.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
In a NW wind as strong as it was Sat.I don't have much of a choice(my enclosuer acts like a big sail)but to hug a sod bank for stripers.Drifting for flatties would be near impossiable.

We only managed one striper and a bunch of sharks.

[ 06-12-2006, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: LunchMan ]

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Way to go rodfather thanks for the report

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
fluking in 20knt NW...that ain't fun. You guys did well to catch anything.

Steve...I hope you're taking good care of my slip
The boat is up in Barnegat for those bunker bass (incredible), and I should be bringing it down later this week.

You guys been offshore yet?
Bill

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Bill, we haven't been offshore yet, everything has been in the back. The ratio of shorts to keepers has been improving though. Hoping to see a few more reports before we decide to head offshore. Good luck with those stripers on the bunker. Hope to see you guys soon--Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts