BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "Outrageous" crew of Bob( barner OBE), his wife Karen, Janet and myself fished the Miah Maul area and south all day Sat. Not a whole lot to say about it. Caught some croakers, dogfish, oyster crackers, skates, cow nose rays and a 6" weakfish. Only 3 throwback flounder and no keepers. Made a few moves to deeper water, but nothing to show for it. Worked my way down to lower part of the bay, but still no luck. Fished hard all day. Limited out on black flies though! Had the F&G police stop to take a look in the cooler. Nice to see those guys out there doing what is right. Oh well, fresh croakers for dinner at $357.0 per lb. ;)
Maybe next time.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Kevin, You tried hard and thats the ticket. Some day's you eat the bear and someday's the bear eats you.:mad: Seems the fish are moving offshore in deep water to keep cool? :confused:

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes JD, I agree with you. I had surface water temp of 80.3 degrees. I just wonder how much cooler the water is on the bottom.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Kevin...I saw you guys on Saturday heading towards the canal. If it's any consolation, I headed to the Sea Isle Ridge and trolled all day and got nada. Saw a pile of birds working off CM point and salvaged the day with snapper blues on rattle traps. I think I have you beat, $450 per lb.!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Went out Sat morn we caught 12 croakers and 1 17" flounder by the Maui Maul and was also boarded by the Delaware state Police they were Hawking at the bouy marker across from the Maul. Once I crossed the marker they were on me like a fly on a filleted flounder. But all in all it was not a bad day out on the tricky bay.:) :mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts