BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) :D Massey's was good to us today. Late start with a few boats chunking & trolling. temp 77.8 water as good as it gets. Fish were in/out of the chunk all day. Sorry working on pics rob.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know you were tired MICP2666

I know everyone is tight lipped this weekend but I will share with my fellow barners. We hooked up at masseys on the far wall. we were anchored the only ones I think everyone else was trolling. We did not get there till 1030 ( I know that is late but I was coming from CM and I was in a 21ft parker and it was a little bumpy) fish were on us in about 30min but would not bite they then spotted but we knew they were still there just down low so we chunked heavy for about 20 min then they hit. We had to hide the hook long side of the butter with a rubber band for they would not take the ones hidden inside of the fish. we only caught 1 BFT but that was 107lb and it took use 3 1/2 hours to boat him and we had to leave the fish and chase him. it was 430 when we boated him so that was the day.

I was using 50lb line i am thinking of moving up to at least 60lb but my Okuma Titus T 50 did the job.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Great Job On The Fish You Caught.the Is A Big Differnce Between One & None.i Cant Beleve You Ran That Far In A 21 Footer On Sat. I Was Out There As Well On Sat Morning & I Know It Was Not Pretty.you & Crew Hats Off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wtg Boattalk

Wtg Guys Nice Pics And A Very Well Deserved Hats Off To You And Your Crew!!!! makes All The One That Got Away Stories All Worth It...

Once Again Wtg Guys N Gal

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Good Job! I just soent the night just inshore of masseys because nones was there when I pulled up at 10:30 pm figured I was lost, didn't mark bait and tried a different lump. Fished Chunked all night and into the morning.. Got the skunk and think I should take up golf or fish tomorrow!!!:)
Great job and hats off to the 21'

1 - 13 of 13 Posts