BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do you think is the best offshore service to buy for this season? Ballpark price? Good/bad experiences?

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
roffers is the best looking and they show where water backed up and stayed clean or good for days with numbers..they also give a report of where fish should be depending on where your fishing...unlimited use is prolly 600-800 bills..haven't checked it out in awhile

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
I used Capt Len and OSS last year... worked very well.... you can pay per shot, package of shots or per year.... If you have a c series raymarine you can get the satelite weather which also has temp plotting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
fmTuna said:
Which do you think is the best offshore service to buy for this season? Ballpark price? Good/bad experiences?

Roffers is a great service I recommend buying a package if you tournamnet fish alot. They will give you updates by phone at 10:30am for days you take a shot. I think my package was around 1k

Oceantemp has a great SST only service inexpensive and 2 a day updates.

Rutgers is a great free site they have avariety of shots.

SSTchart.com another good sst weather, wave hight site for free.

Hilton is a good pay service, but not as detailed with suggestions and recent reports as roffers a ton of infor, detail is not as good as roffers not even close. but I can look at shots 3 times a day while I am fishing. I use them as a back-up

To summarize sorry to be long winded but I love reading charts when I am not fishing, Roffers is clearly the best choice expensive but best info. The free sites give some great info also for SST but I feel water color is most important if the temps are there. also remember all the info is at least 12 hours old when we get it so I start pukking shots a week before any big tounamnet to watch the water move.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
sstol.com is pretty good too. It is $149.00 per season, the thing I like about it is you can easily click on the grid and it will construct a waypoint list with Lat/Lon and temps. Also has unlimited access. Oceantemp.com is also good and I think the graphics are better than sstol.com but the old software they use cannot construct a waypoint list. I e-mailed them and they told me that they are in the process of upgrading the software so you can construct a waypoint list with temps. The new program should be done in late April/early May. Check out both sites and they have samples that you can work with and print, then decide what is best for you. I am waiting for the new software for Oceantemp.com before I decide. It will either be Oceantemp or sstol. Hope this helps.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Terpsstpro.com

This reads the rutgers shots and overlays loran #'s and can pinpoint temps and distances. Its Also FREE!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts