BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday was one of our better days on the water. My brother, my son, a friend, myself and a whole day of fishing on some calm waters.

Tally at the end of the day was 22 keeper tog, 16 nice Blues in the 10+ lb range and one 38 in Striper. We could have filled the boat with Tog but we decided to go deeper and see what we could pull in. Ended up a bit north of the inlet and ran into some birds. Under them were some nice blues, real nice blues. It was great watching my 10yo pulling in the blues - he had his foot on the gunnel while he was reeling them in, they were great fighting fish.

Somewhere in the middle of the day I ran into my second striper of the year. A nice 38 incher on very light tackle, it was quite a fight.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
My buddy, his son and myself fished SIC and TI on Saturday for 9 hrs without even getting a bite. We had eels, fresh clam and fresh bunker. It was a nice day on the water, no wind. Saw only one striper caught in TI. Glad you had better luck SanibelFisher.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the fish. The guy on the left is barner Esox1 - my brother and the other my son. I am in the middle with the stupid grin on my face and receding hairline.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Sanibel thanks for taking me out. I'm the guy that took the picture. If anybody catches the top 1/3 of a new st croix tidemaster travel rod let me know. its in front of the inlet somewhere!

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Nice catch! Must have taken hours to clean all of those.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Sorry for the late post - shot my second bear on monday. Yes, it was a "bear" to clean the fish. Got done just before dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts