BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I fished in 15' waters with clam for bait (thanks to Capt. Tate's) - ended the day with over 30 Bass (which were all shorts up to 27") and 1 Drum at 19lbs. Caught fish on both tides, but the outgoing tide was more productive. Water temp was 46 degrees. Great for the first trip of the year - Looking forward to next time!

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
you must have been above the fort. i heard it was sloppy south. nice day though

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually I was fishing the area around bug light,the bay was flat until around ten 0'clock.the tide started going out and it got a little rough and the fish turned on! :D

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Glad you had the sense to go.I would have,but I didnt listen to my gut.Instead I listened to NOAA.Now I'm regreting it.DUH!

·
Registered
2 Posts
it was a great day on the bay the wind kicked up because of the banana peal. other then that it was a great day on the Dream Chaser. We spanked them.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Hi, neighbor. I live in Berlin. I've always done well with spring stripers in the general area you fished. Usually get lots of shorts, but so what, sure is fun. Don't get the bigger ones usually until the end of April, depending on water temps. Frankly surprised you did that will with the water temps.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
That's Great To Hear , How Big Was The Drum ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts