BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WENT OUT IN THE BACK WITH THE LOWDOWN LURKER RUT--ROW TO DO SOME POPPING FOR STRIPERS AT THE HIGH TIDE AROUND DUSK.THE BADFINGER AND CAPT. JEFF HAD THEM LAST NIGHT.SAW WHAT APPEARED TO BE A SEAL OR
OTTER ON TOP OF THE WATER.WE CIRCLED IT AND COULD SEE IT WAS A BIRD STRUGGLING NOT TO DROWN,I CAME IN ON HIM AND RUT-ROW NETTED HIM AND HE HAD THE BIGGEST BACKWATER CLAM I HAVE EVER SEEN IT WAS AS BIG AS A SURFCLAM AND CLOSED TIGHT AROUND HIS BEAK.TOOK AWHILE TO GET IT OFF THEN HE STOOD NEAR THE FRONT OF THE BOAT AND LAID HIS HEAD AGAINST THE RAIL.WE ROLLED ON A WAKE AND HE GOT SCARES AND JUMPED OVER AND STILL HAD TROUBLE HOLDING HIS HEAD OUT OF THE WATER SO WE NETTED HIM AND LOOKED FOR SOME DRY GROUND IN THE BACK BUT THERE WAS NONE,EVEN TRIED TO RUN THE BOAT UP ON AN ISLAND BUT IT WAS WET AND WE WERE AFRAID HE WOULD BE DEFENSELESS IN THE OPEN.THEN 3 YOUNGE LOCALS CAME ALONG AND SAID THEY WOULD TAKE HIM UNDER THE PARKWAY BRIDGE WHICH MY T TOP CAN'T GET UNDER, BACK TOWARDS RT.9 AND FIND A SPOT HE COULD RECOVER.WE MISSED THE BEST HOUR OF FISHING BUT FELT GOOD.COUPLE BLUES AND 1 SHORT.CAPT JEFF HAD 7 AND SOME BLUES.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
GOOD WORK JACK!
The Laughing Gull fledglings have taken flight up here and it makes poppering pretty tough right now. Damn things just learned to fly and they're hittin' everything that moves.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Very cool, Biggest!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Your rescue sure made me feel good as well BIGGESTJACK
(almost as good as going to church, huh?) but the "freeking arrow" thing...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey BJ....there's a nasty rumor going around that a flattie equal to or in excess of 16 1/2 inches actually made it over the rail of your boat :eek: :eek:
Actually I heard YOU caught it :rolleyes:

But I set the story teller straight..... I told him WOLF probably caught it and you were just taking credit

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A FEW OF THOSE SUCKERS JUMPED IN THE BOAT WHILE ME AND THE WOLF WERE FISHING,AND AS CRABBY SAID I CAUGHT IT?
RUT-ROE FOR BEING A LURKER KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE AND KNOWS ALOT ABOUT ALL DIFFERENT BIRDS FOR A CREEP.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
A FEW OF THOSE SUCKERS JUMPED IN THE BOAT WHILE ME AND THE WOLF WERE FISHING,AND AS CRABBY SAID I CAUGHT IT?
RUT-ROE FOR BEING A LURKER KNOWS HOW TO HANDLE AND KNOWS ALOT ABOUT ALL DIFFERENT BIRDS FOR A CREEP.
good job! years ago down in north carolina one of my friends hooked one by mistake. we looked like a bunch of fools trying to untangle it when one of the southerners came over and stuck his hand out let the bird bite it - then he simply grabbed it by the neck and untangled it...

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
I think this story was Fabricated by Biggest and the Lurkin' Basstard RutRow to cover the fact thet they couldn`t catch the Stripers that are stacked up back there.
:D

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Don,t tell those fishing guides up Lake Ontario...you saved a Cormorant.Those Cormorants are nothing but fishing machines.State stocked a lake in Camden County with Trout.About 15 Cormorants moved in....Come opening day NO trout were caught.So much for Cormorant,s

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
You should have Ate the Clam,Tossed the Bird,and Caught the Bass
:D .
I still think Fester was in on this,PS did you hear he caught a 8.5lb Fluke on Earnie`s Whaler at the Reef? :eek:
Talk about a Blind Squirrel!! :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts