BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 5 year old Garmin GPS Map now has 125 waypoints on it, mostly fishing spots vs. navigational. That would be a hell of a lot of information to loose. Is there some way to back these up to the cloud or something? Or save to another device. Thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Try Garmin ActiveCaptain

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have a 7608 and 7610. When I got the 7610, I used a SD card to save everything from the 7608 and transfer it to the 7610. I haven't tried it yet, but I would think you could then move the data from the SD card to your computer and/or the Garmin application.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You can save to a SD card or mini SD card. I do not have a garmin but transferred waypoints from an old lowrance to a new one this season. Your manual should have directions. If not, call or email garmin customer service and they will walk u through. I was a bit anxious when I did it but it wound up being very easy. 15 years of lost “numbers” would have been very upsetting lol.

·
Registered
11,493 Posts
Exactly the reason that I write everything down as well. I bought an inexpensive alphabetical telephone directory at Staples. When I got my new chartplotter I also transferred all my waypoints to that book when I re-entered everything. If for some reason the chartplotter takes a crap on me at least I have an old fashioned paper backup.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
Upload your secret numbers of Eric G's cloud service - email at [email protected] :rolleyes: I have Chumstains numbers too!

All kidding aside, you should be able to save your numbers to miniSD card. OR...

Your legacy Garmin unit uses the old MapSource Data Card(s) I have a Garmin Marine Management Kit (Garmin P/N 010-10605-00) for sale for $20. Has cables, converter, CD instructions 32MB MapSource data cartidge/card (empty) and Bluechart Data Card (Garmin P/N 010-C0019-00) - New York/New Jersey. This is good for exchange for Garmin Map exchange (trade in your old cards to get new Garmin/Navionics Bluecharts for FREE).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts