BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time is here.

Soon massive schools of Atlantic Menhaden, and Herring will flow into our Bays, Rivers, and along our Coastal Shores (Its actually started already). These schools will pull with them trophy Striped Bass, Weakfish, and those savage yellow eyed, sharp toothed daemons. It is tough to compare this spring fishing wake up bonanza with any other inshore fishing experience we on the East Coast are afforded.

I title this Message the "Scene from Jaws". You know the scene when everyone hopped in whatever boat they could find and used whatever method they could devise to kill the shark. Some spring New Jersey Water inshore scenes, bare resemblance to that movie.

I do this in an attempt to get some posts, and share experience on working Menhadden, and Herring schools successfully.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Gotta love the spray from the fish when they are being attacked by other bigger fish. On a calm quiet day , you can hear it half a mile away like a whales blowhole, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it !! Soon, soon !!

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Me posting with Twin Ds logged in ...

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
That famous scene in jaws where guys are throwing m80's in the water & two boats are hooked onto the same fish reminds me of the rips in the fall or the cape may & wildwood reefs (whichever one the miss chriss fishes on) in the summer when the fluke are around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts