BASS BARN banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on doing tons of smallmouth fishing on the schuylkill river this year from my kayak. I am going to fish the river in the Pottstown and Reading areas. Any help on areas to fish or different lures/presentations that have worked for you would be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Drop me an email. I live in Reading and have fished strethces from Reading to Norristown in the Yak and boat. I can pretty much give you info on any stretch of this river. Good fishing if you know where to go.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Makojoe,

I just shot you off an email. I am planning to fish the Skuke in the Rt 113 or Haws Ave ramp areas. Any advice?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
CMack26 said:
I plan on doing tons of smallmouth fishing on the schuylkill river this year from my kayak. I am going to fish the river in the Pottstown and Reading areas. Any help on areas to fish or different lures/presentations that have worked for you would be extremely helpful.
My son and i fished the stretch from met ed power plant on 724 to the rt 82 bridge in birdsboro. I have got to tell you what a beautiful float trip(took about 6 hours) the way it winds amongst the mountains you can not believe you're on the outskirts of the city. Some of the best smallmouth action you ever seen i'm talking every 5th or 6th cast not to mention my son caught a beautiful albino trout and a small muskie to boot..used a 9' Jon boat a few areas you had to portage but other than that i can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds like an excellent drift...i will have to try that sometime in my kayak....can you put in right by the med ed building?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
CMack26 said:
That sounds like an excellent drift...i will have to try that sometime in my kayak....can you put in right by the med ed building?
actually i think they closed the park acrosss from the met-ed building if i were i would launch at the gibralter bridge (gibralter rd crosses right over it ) and there's a parking area there, and drift down to around douglassville area also a nice stretch of water.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Last year i drifted over some monster catfish that we so large they almost scared you if you didn't see them coming.....My uncle also had a 12lb carp jump into his kayak one day

·
Registered
8 Posts
What Time Of Year For Early Float Trip/ And Was Water Level Fast/thinking Of Trip With Grandson In Canoe But He Is Only 6 And A Little Shaky In Fast Water

1 - 12 of 12 Posts