BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stalker came up with a great idea idiot me never thought of, since I have never caught anything but sharks and a few spike wheaties out in the sand bars down at the bay a block from my house in Miami Beach section of Villas, i never seriously fished it ... but damn that thing is an open book for half the day while the tide is out, and if I was to take a bleach bottle, a rope and a brick and drop it in the hole, I would know where to cast to, and possible catch ... what? a striper? a drum? or just skates and such? (miami is the north end of villas, luzinskis pier etc)

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

[ 03-07-2006, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: CastawayRay ]

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WAYYYY back in the day there was a legend of The Green House, were a block off the beach, just beyond the bars was a hole where drum could be caught, HUGE drum, and with regularity ... this was reputed to be down south villas, near where Drumbed road is ... coincidence????

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Yes, there are fish all over those flats from the Villas to the Maurice River. Just gotta know when to fish them and at what tide. ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey Ray, why not take a boat ride accross the area with a good sounder and impliment your clorox bottle idea on top of the holes.....I got a new ds400 that needs testing!!! let me know

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Ray as i posted yesterday in your post,check it out at LOW tide first and look for all the pockets that will fill up at high tide !!

best time of year is in sept oct !!!!
yes stripers,blues weikies fluke,and brown sharks ..
never caught a drum from the beach,but never tried !!! but have caught um off the first dropoff by boat

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
There are black drum in the vicinty of the flats, I live just north of there in Del Haven. In front of us is the 20 ft slough and black drum do concregate that ridge. And there are plenty of fish that do invade that flat on a flood tide and the bull sharks like to chase cownose rays on trhe falling tide. As far as the regular fishing goes, now keep in mind you can go fishing anywhere and catch fish, but it really isn't productive enough to spend valuable time fishing it. I have caught plenty of fish on the flat but I haven't ever seen any major busting schools come in close. water as you know is laced with silt and its just not my cup of tea. But hey there are fish there but you work too hard for too little.

[ 03-08-2006, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: insomniac ]

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Ray;
I live down on Millman At NY Ave Dark blue Dodge P/U . Large Striper Decal back window. Stop by and shoot the Sh%&

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i never seriously fished it ... but damn that thing is an open book for half the day while the tide is out, and if I was to take a bleach bottle, a rope and a brick and drop it in the hole, I would know where to cast to, and possible catch ... what? a striper? a drum? or just skates and such? (miami is the north end of villas, luzinskis pier etc)
The tide being out is what I meant by an open book for half the day Vinny ... oh I hear you insomniac, its just that sometimes you just want to go drop a line without a bunch of this and that, and the beach is a half a block away, a nice stroll by the time you go down to the beach access and then back up to the mosquito control and walk out on that big sand bar to the dropoff wayyy offshore (hmmmm, maybe a quad? LOL) (nah, ill be needing LOTS of exercise anway!)
Junkman, Im a professional schit shooter, Ill be dropping by later on this spring!

:cool:

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Oh yeah ,Croakers are really HUGE in Sept.from the beach at the end of Village Rd ....
Give me a call sometime i'll hit it with ya !!!
yeah Ray mark it and maybe even take some PICS!!!at low tide

[ 03-09-2006, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Ray,

I fish the same general area....there are plenty of fish around when the water warms and the bait shows up.

I don't think you'll get many drum except puppies. Stripers, weakies, flounder and croakers...guaranteed.

I've been fishing the flats for 15 years and every year the striper fishing seems to get better although the weakfishing has been bad except for spikes.

Shoot me an email if you want some more info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts