BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I bought some heads last year thinking it was a good idea, but not any success in the fall. Kinda hopen someone will write in to let us know how they work and with what trailers.

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Scrounger heads work well with Keitech Swing Impact Fat 3.8", Reaction Strike Fathead Jr. 3.5" and Reaction Innovation Skinny dipper.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If your talking about the ones with the clear lip. I Put them right through rubber worm. Black or shad color. Works great for me.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, I have some skinny dippers, some paddle tail flukes, and plenty of curly tail worms. i'll give them a try. tight lines.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I've had my best success using a smaller thinner rounder fluke style bait. I toss the 1/8oz and 3/16oz heads. My specific bait is an alluringbaits.com 3.75inch duperfluke. It's got a harder soft plastic similar to a Zoom but the body of the bait is rounder to give it a better side to side roll. The rig seems to work in strange conditions and places. What I mean by that is I'll throw a spinnerbait or a crank through an area and never catch a thing. Go through that same section with the scrounger and I might pick up 2-3 fish. I guess it's a power-finesse technique for picking up an extra fish or 2 here and there. My best advice is to just throw it and throw it and throw it. They'll latch on. I throw mine on spinning gear 8-10lb test mono or fluoro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts