BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a source of supply for shucked NJ Sea Clams for bait. I buy them from my bait shop by the tote but they are pretty much closed for the winter. If the price was right, I would get other guys interested and pick up 4-8 totes about 500-1000 LBS to bring back home, salt and freeze. Also any idea weather they are sold in these areas buy the LB and what the price usually is? Something tells me they would not let me bring them on the plane coming home from Barnfest!

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
try no bones tackle rio grand nj, not sure if they are open?? ask for fred,as for the plane no way .would be funny to try though!!,good fishing ,matt

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Atlantic City and Cape May docks have clam boats that go out regulary. That is probaly a good place to start. I'm sure some Barner would deliver for a Open Spot on one of you're trips if you made the arrangements. Heck! I may even consider it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do they come in shucked or are they landed in
the shell? I was getting them here from a tackle shop who had them delivered all shucked in totes about 100 LBS a tote. This worked out well, as I could break them down into one gallon containers with a little salt for the season.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
158 Posts
Shucked Sea Clams, Fresh Frozen in Brine 2 Bushels per Bucket availible at:
Forked River Freezer Inc.
105 Route 9
Forked River, NJ 08731
sbm

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dave,

The clams are whole. The boats at the docks may give a few loose ones lying around in a bucket for bait, but technically they are not allowed to sell them off the street. The buyer must be certified shellfish dealer.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
A shucked bushel weighs between 10 and 15 pounds. Retail is about $40 per bushel. If you are serious about the quantity I can work up a good price and have them fresh when you want them. Best to give me a call 609-484-0409

1 - 7 of 7 Posts