BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do these boats fish, ride and last any info would be graet before I drop 30g thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love my 2002 Triton 23 Sea Hunt Center Console. It rides and handles great. It's powered with a 200 Evinrude which tops out at a little over 40mph. It gives a pretty dry ride in rough water. I very satisfied with it.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I own a 2003 CC Sea Hunt 18'6",same as the 23', just smaller. Bought it in October 2002. Love the boat, rides very dry, handles well in all weather conditions. It's so dry that the bilge pump has never come on. (I have checked it and works.) If your getting the rocket launchers, make sure you purchase them with the T top (welded on). the after market bolt ons are'nt worth a SH!T, I know from experance.
Powered by a Yamaha 115 four strke, a little slow out of the hole, but tops out around 40 mph under the right conditions.VERY, VERY GOOD ON FUEL.
One problem I have, and it's covered under warranty is the cooler seat broke. Talked to Jay at Sea Hunt and its on order (for six weeks now). I'm not satisfied with slow responce to my problem.
All in all if I were to purchase an other CC it would be the 23' CC with the largest motor (four stroke it can handle). Your money is well spent on the Sea Hunt.
I don't believe that Sea Hunt has a two motor hull, if they did it would make the boat more attractive for off shore fishing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fizz, I have a Sea-Hunt 172CC. I just got it in Feb. I love the boat. It's a bit small, but most of my fishing is in water less than ten feet.
It rides real well and is very dry. It's powered by a Johnson 2-stroke 90HP.
I damaged the waterline (sticker) on the side on the first attempt to drive on the trailer. I called Jay at Sea-Hunt and he sent me about twenty feet of replacement tape within a week!
These boats aren't Gradys, but then again, you aren't paying twice as much for the Grady name either! For the money, I believe the are the best deal out there.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info yoaguys are making me twitch just thinking about it. now if my boat sells I can go get one :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts