BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from 7/2-7/7 behind sea isle, avalon and strathmere....tried different tides, different baits, different rigs and very little to show for.

caught a total of 8 throwbacks ALL WEEK!!! the one day we caught 6 and many days we went skunked....i don't know why it is so slow but i was really getting mad....not even any junk fish or anything in the back

saw a short striper get caught off the dock and heard of 7lb flounder from pattys hole and a 31" weakfish at TI but other than that it sucked.....

Many baby flounder(2-3 inches long) were caught in the minnow traps and released as soon as we found em...

I THINK I NEED TO GET BACK OUT TO THE OLD GROUNDS WHERE THE HUGE FISH ARE!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
My son and I were there a couple of weekends ago and we couldn`t even lose any bait, we tried everything and went everywhere..nota...skunked..i won`t be going there for awhile..until it oicks up ya know

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom,
To the old grounds? you name the day and I will be there...

·
Registered
820 Posts
C'MON FALL!!!! It's been really slow for me all spring/summer. Hang in there. Hopefully fall will be much different

·
Registered
39,870 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fish the delaware bay, backbays and north jersey....but i mostly go out on party and charter boats....my boat is only a 14ft aluminum boat so I am limited but some day soon i will have my own boat

·
Registered
489 Posts
Very true. NO FISH in the entire Sea Isle Strathmere area back bays. Horrible...

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Here are some of my #'s in SIC for the past 3 weeks.

6/19 4 keepers about 8 shorts,15 blues,4 short bass, 1 25" bass.

6/25 1 keeper about 12 shorts,1 blue,2 short bass.

7/4 1 keeper and 5 shorts.

It's deffinitly been dropping off for the past 3 weeks,and the last 2 years have been poor.It was not uncommon for me and my fishin' buddies to get our limit of decent fish and 15-20 shorts a day 3-10 years ago.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
I have been doing well behind Sea Isle City.Totally changed my tactics,switched from throwing rubber to anchoring and using shedder,Had 8 bass sat.a.m. biggest to 26"most are short lots of 20"and 22" fish.Had 3 today no keepers but it sure beats fishing all day for postage stamp flounder!!Bottom line the fish are there but conditions have them acting different.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Never were any fish in Strathmere area and now inlet is too shallow fish aren't coming through
Don't waste your time in that area !!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I`m definetly moving on..its been a sad few years now for me..and I was raised going down to SIC/TI....have to mve on though..it doesn`t even look the same

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Fish May and early June then fish September in Sea Isle back bay. If you can't catch fish during these months in Sea Isle / Strathmere then you should hang up your rods and golf.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
BUMP !!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was sitting in the boat yesterday afternoon just inside the the outter bar at Corsons at dead low tide plugging in inlet numbers in 4' of water. Under the boat passed hundred of rays with about a 30" wingspan. Wonder if there were any cobia around?

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Ramblin, cobia are just off shore mixed in witht he rays,it doesn't seem like they follow rays inside
Monday I saw 5 or 6 off inlet in the rays but they wouldn't hit anything I had for them including live eels
Fish looked to be 25-30lbs

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Just checked my fishing log. Last year I chummed-up a school of sting rays out front of TI on July 26. Did not catch any. Then on September 4th I caught 2, 30+ lb cow nose rays on minnows and peanut bunker in Avalon backbay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My wife and I fished for an hour behind Avalon before going home last Sunday and had 7 keepers. I am looking forward to this weekend in the same spot if we can't get outside. Incoming tide, white bucktail/squid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts