BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down here for the first time. Very different from my home beaches. Nice rock piles along the beech gave up one short bass and one thirty inch keeper sat night. I did not see many people fishing at all. Went out on my friend's boat out back on sunday with the wives. We had a very late start and decided to crab and play with whatever would take our bait. Got a dozen keeper males and about eight baby sea bass on a light spinner. Not bad for first time in the area. Thanks to Nightstrikes for the current report for the area.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
No Problem LBISuds,,sounded like a nice weekend you guys had... Thanks for the Report....

Take Care,,,

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I just thought of. While crabbing my pulled up a fish that looked alot like a porgy in her crab trap. But I have only caught those fish on wrecks in the ocean. We put him back to play with his friends.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Originally posted by Esox1:
striper regs. 24-28 and one over 34 inches
Bonus card? Watch the regs guys. Fish can get EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My mistake but he did go back in. The people we were with don't eat fish and I admit that is the only reason I put him back (not knowing he was not a legal fish) which turned out to be a good/lucky thing. Most definetly will pay closer attention to the regs. Normally carry the sheet with the regs on me but didn't have it over the weekend.

After fishing for many years I feel really stupid about this whole thing. I should have known better or a had the regulation sheet handy. I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Originally posted by lbisuds:

After fishing for many years I feel really stupid about this whole thing. I should have known better or a had the regulation sheet handy. I won't make that mistake again.
Don't beat yourself up over it, you're not the only one that has made a mistake with proper size limits. I try to keep a few photocopies of the regs with me in my tackle box and truck.

What did you catch the stripers on?

[ 08-16-2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Joe D. ]

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi BottomBouncer,

That I do know about but they don't taste as good as the males. It might all be in my head but we don't keep the females. quite a few that we caught had that orange sponge sack of eggs on them

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was using clam when the stripers hit but I also had some worms that i brought down with me that got some hits (kingfish or croakers?)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts