BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down tonight and stying with some freinds around 42 st. My buddy has his boat for us to take out on sunday but I was wondering how the fishing along the shore has been at night (BAY OR SURF). I've never been to the area before but I know I can locate a spot or two. Whats running good down there for me to target?

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
LBISuds,
Here is a report from one of our advertisers down that way Avalon Hodge Podge-
Avalon Hodge Podge
Bait & Tackle

FISHING REPORT

A couple of nice fluke were weighed in this past week from the OC Reef. The largest fluke was caught by Randy Kroh at the WW Reef using squid and minnows. His fish measured 29? & 8.62#. Now that the water temperature in the back bay is getting to hot for the fluke, they are on the move off shore into deeper water. However, they are still picking some up back there but most are shorts. The surf action remains consistent with croakers, kingfish, bluefish & fluke being taken during the day and stripers at night and early morning.

The off shore action is hot & cold. All the usual spots are producing fish at times. The Sea Isle Ridge is seeing small blue fin and some ?Chicken? dolphin while the Hot dog, hambone; Cigar and Elephants Trunk are all producing blue fin and yellow fin tuna on the troll.

Sounds about right for this time of the year..
Best chances would be to target any bass off the beach at night or the little fish during the day.
By boat,get out early before the summer boat traffic gets crazy and drift the ICW looking for Fluke...

Good Luck and Have A Great Time..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.