BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone First Post, been Lurking for awhile, learned a bunch from you guys.
I mainly surf fish Sea Isle out of convenience, been vacationing there most of my life since my family has a house there. I'm usually around 72nd street again based on convenience.
I have a boat in North East Maryland and fish the susky flats too.
My dad has a boat in Cape May so we fish there always.
Glad to become a barner and learn all you guys have to teach. I don't have alot to offer as far as knowledge goes, but will add what I can if you think it will help. Met John at Corson's (Broken Suzuki) He said to report even if I don't catch anything.
The report:
Saw my first dead dolphin on the beach at 74th street in Sea Isle.
Got my line wet around 7:15 and had 2 strikes by 8:00, but they were little and no catches were made.
I was using Gulp Blood Worms which I think are excellent for being artificial.
I thought it was too cold, but just bought a Penn 525 Mag (I think I'm in love!) and wanted to try it out. Wonderful experience.
Nothing doing from 8:00 - 9:30 so headed to Corson's Inlet. Hung on the brdige for 15 minutes, really windy so I hiked the trail across the "Island" to the beach. Stayed there for a half hour or so with nothing going on, I had a shorter rod and was only throwing 4 oz. which wasn't holding at all. So I headed back to Sea Isle around 10:30.
The Police just showed up to check out the flipper and about a half hour later there was a team there cleaning up the poor fellow.
I was in again at 72nd street with a 4oz. weight on one rod and a 5oz. on the other. Got frustrated with the 4oz. wasn't holding bottom well, so put that away.
Around 11:30 I got another bite, but no fish.
Based on the state of the Gulp worm I think there were many little fish tugging away at it, but nothing that bent the rod.
Got out of there around 12:30 to head back home to PA.
So, a little talk but no action for me.

Sorry if this was lengthy, just wanted to introduce myself and glad for a "team" like this to learn from.
Thanks, Doug

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
SICcaster said:
Sorry if this was lengthy, just wanted to introduce myself and glad for a "team" like this to learn from.
Thanks, Doug
Welcome to the Barn fellow surfacster. Don't worry about long post, the more the merrier...You can join Team Bassbarn if you like, we fish against another site in the NJ Angler tourney this spring...god times....djc.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Nice report..... WELCOME :D

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Welcome! Glad to read a report and glad to hear someone actually got out - as I was stuck at home in Cherry Hill.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey a fellow surfcaster from coatesville- well I'll be! I live in the "ville" but my folks have a place in ocean city so I'm there all the time as well. I fish CISP and north end/lp all the time. I'll be heading down there next weekend for a day trip, plan on checking the flea market out. Welcome to the barn- hopefully we'll run into each other sometime!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wecome Mate

Hi Mate,
Enjoyed your fish story even though you came home empty.
I'm sure that you will get em the next time out.
Enjoy the Mag 525......My girlfriend owns 2 of them.
Going into her 4th year with them.:)

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
yogi3 said:
Hi Mate,
Enjoyed your fish story even though you came home empty.
I'm sure that you will get em the next time out.
Enjoy the Mag 525......My girlfriend owns 2 of them.
Going into her 4th year with them.:)
Finding a woman who enjoys fishing is like getting that trophy fish of your lifetime. Don't release that one!!

SIC, welcome aboard!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Rchip, yes, that was me. How did you do?
Kermic, How about that, we definitely need to meet up.

·
Registered
391 Posts
SICcaster- I'll be heading down next saturday, if you are planning on going let me know and we can meet up down there to fish or chat.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
SICcaster Welcome!!!!

Hey welcome to the BB!!!:D Post your experiences,questions,even answers.You'll find the more you post and reply the more you learn,the more people you'll meet!!Oh yea you'll also gain more fishing oppurtunities.I love it here again WELCOME!!!!:D

FC:D

·
Registered
938 Posts
thankyou, SICcaster, and welcome aboard. the info you gave is very valuable, and offers good insight on what is to come for the spring run.

LONEWOLF856

1 - 20 of 22 Posts