BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody heard of it or been there (northfield Nj) wife's considering renting one for a month during the summer

Any reviews or comments are appreciated

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
if its the ones on the margate causeway your talking about its beautiful place to stay. my friend was renting a house there for a couple years n it was awesome you could wake up pull up a trap u set the night before out your kitchen window n have fresh crabs for breakie every AM.

do look at the place before you rent. b/c u never know what the interior is like. my buddies was remodeled before he moved in so it wasnt so bad...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup ive been on the website just wanted to see what people thought of it i have read mixed reviews on the web

·
Registered
602 Posts
yep!
it does exist.

sold a boat there, never stayed in one of the places though.

always found it a bit bizzarre, but hey, that's just me.:huh:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Good place for fisherman/boater, but a good ride to the beach. Also, wouldn't advise it for small kids...EVERYTHING is right on the water. I looked when my kids were small and didn't want to take the chance. Very unique and interesting community just the same.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just do your homework. I live right over the causeway & heard there was plumbing/sewer problems and they were shutting the water off to the community. Now this is second hand info so take it with a grain of salt. It seems like a great place but just check in to things.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I always thought it was an odd looking place but I could see it being a really great and rustic spot. I never looked into it because I figured it was full of bitting marsh bugs. That would ruin it for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts