BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Got the Queen AND the Warsaw. Not to mention the reds and scrawberries Very nice catch.

Lately, we have not ventured out into the deeper warmer waters because we have been concentrating on the GBFT closer to home. However, the deeper warmer wrecks and live bottom hold even more variety than the inshore waters. Hopefully when bluefin is done, I can get out there and show you all what is cruising the greater depths. Here are some pics from one of our last deeper water jigging sessions. Looks like fun doesn't it ? :D

That is a 320 qt. ssi cooler loaded with some of the best eating fish known to man. :D

· Registered
1,765 Posts
In the past I never paid much attention to what we saw on the bottom except the haystacks of bunker since we were looking for massive bait balls that attract Giant Bluefin Tuna. On today's trip I was constantly looking for the tell tale marks of large schools of big Sea Bass and did I see them throughout the day on so many different pieces of bottom along with what ever else is swimming down there on the hard corral high spots. I must have trolled over at least 15-20 different locations that were loaded with bottom life and not one boat within 2-3 miles of us today.
We fished a temperature break that went from 48 degrees to 65 degrees in less than a few miles but even with the great hard temperature break there were no tuna bites by any boats that we know of so bottom fishing looks to something we may start doing real soon unless the tuna bite turns on in the next couple of days and it just might with calm seas and temperatures in the 50's later this week. Either way there is so many areas to bottom fish down here that hold life and I have seen it with my own eyes as I now watch for these locations while trolling for GBT and really am amazed at what I am seeing on my fishfinder even though in the past I never paid much attention to what was down there swimming around ledges and hard bottom as it was all about GBT for me.
I do not know how to post pictures as my wife Capt Diana always did it for me when Fish Pix was in use so I am sending Capt John ( Pro) a picture of a nice large King Mack we caught today and heard a monster 90 lb Amber Jack was also caught today. I will try to take a few pictures and get them posted on what the sea life looks like on my fishfinder the next couple of days.
And it's a whole new game trying to differentiate what marks are what down there since there are so many different species. Haystacks can be triggers, bass, beeliners, AJ's, chickens, etc. The variety is amazing. There's nothing more fun to me than fishing those live bottoms in the Carolinas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.