BASS BARN banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i picked up four zincs, at a cost of 30,10, and 8 apiece. Then i purchased a new Galaxy 5225XT antenna, a can of Interlux bottom paint, and a new Interstate battery. All totalled only cost $400:eek::eek::eek: Put the zincs on, scraped the through hulls, and started making a To Do list.

Besides needing a new FM radio and having to mount an older Furuno 1850 DGPS (backup) and looking to go with a stand alone FM antenna, all I have left is to paint and wax.......( That's probably a lie, there will be a thousand things to do).

What's on your list of need to do's for 2008?

·
Registered
65 Posts
after yesterday, get a new trans so I can get back on the beach:mad:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Change lower end...Zincs...bottom paint...Putting a new water pump and fuel seperator on next week...not really too bad...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Task list

Saturday I took my oil tanks completely out to drain and clean them out. After they were splotless inside I installed new tank filters and re-installed them. I also hit the bottom once again with the power washer to get a few spots I didn't do adequate in the fall. I picked up lower unit paint at Barnacle Bills Friday night but didn't get a chance to use it today due to the weather. I still have a few full days worth of work yet. Re-install the batteries and electronics. Wax the boat and bottom paint. Might install a few more rod holders as well.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Pick up some new batteries
Pick up a pair of new props
Wash and Wax
Replace some piping in the washdown system
Install FM Radio
Fuel up!
Thats all

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Check your safety gear!

New battteries in pfd strobes and backup handheld vhf (is the old rechargable holding a charge?). Toss the backup batteries in your tool kit and replace them with fresh. Check the dates on your flares. Dock lines all stretched out and need replacement?

Everybody is in a rush to splash and fish, but these "not-sexy" items sometime fall below the radar...

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Re-Bait said:
What's on your list of need to do's for 2008?
We've been working on the big boat for a month now,
whats left:
1. zincs
2. replace vhf antenna
3. wax/polish the topside
Butch's Boy'z will be in May 29th. fishing the 1st weekend in April out of Bayway

The Little Boat:

1. engine tune up
2. New wiring
3. New sounder unit
4. Non-slip the deck.
5. New running lights
6. Touch up bottom paint
Sea Buscuit will be in the Last weekend of April and ready for action. docked in avalon.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
We're doing an entire cosmettic makeover on the boat this year. Some glass work and fairing in areas and emmron inside and out. Been grinding alwgrip for a week now.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have to touch up my bottom paint, which is Interlux acp or one of their top end paints. What do I do for areas where it has chipped near the water line??? Just sand and paint, or do a couple layers or what????

Also speaking of bottom paint, there are some area that look like they did not completely come clean, they appear light brown. Do I need to sand them too. I haven't had bottom paint stuck in my nostrols for 10 years, and was hoping to avoid the contamination!!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
the whaler is going in friday - get a 30 pack ,some friends and clam then start on the big boat:D

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Need to jack the boat up and replace a crossmember on the trailer. Munro's is only a mile away, but I don't think the trailer will make it.

That's just the beginning.................

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just put in some new feul lines, water pump, thermostat, but with feul, storage, insurance and other costs that came up came to the hard conclusion that I will not be able to put the boat in this year.:(

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Pick her up at Barnacle Bill's second week of April, change oil & filter, new plugs, water sep., zincs, wash/wax...maybe one new battery...then were all set...:D

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
new zincs
clean spark plugs
replace lower unit oil
clean batery terminals and charge them
wax hull and top sides
get rid off any old rusted tackle that i may have left from last year
make sure electronics work
dunk her

then wait and fish till may when its time to splash the big boat