BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody trailer their boat and luanch out of seawaren? I was wondering how the ramp is and if there is a fee (probably).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buddies have used the ramp and no real complaints except the dock is small and can only accomodate 2 boats.

There's a fee, but don't think it's all that much.

Launch there and head out to the bay...you should pass quite a few bunker on the way ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's my plan... I'm launching out of keyport and running across the bay to hit the fishing grounds right now... but I live closer to seawaren. I may cut out the 5 or 6 mile run by launching up north.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not so decent unfortunately. It's well paved and has some decent room to manuever but it drops off pretty badly at low tide and the concrete is really slick. I launched early on sunday morning from it with my wife. She was holding the bow line as I backed the boat in. I wasn't backing up too quickly, it was the same as I've done 100 times with no problem. The trailer tires dropped off the end of the ramp and the boat shot off the trailer much too fast... my wife was dragged down the ramp and into the water. I hopped out of the truck to help her out but she had gained her footing and was ok, but soaked. Thankfully she was hurt and the boat wasn't set adrift... or that it wasn't too cold (water or air). We were able to laugh about it an hour later but it could have been much worse.

I launched from it again yesterday and was planning on releasing the boat closer to the docks but someone was there already and taking their sweet time getting the boat off. I lengthened the bow line incase the boat took off quickly again... it did but the guy I had with me was heavy enough not to get dragged in the water and had his feet on dry concrete. I'll use the ramp again but will be much more careful in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts