BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys, I just receieved a letter reponse back from Sen Asselta on S-2148 which would clarify the Fish and Game as sole authority to regulate Fishing, Hunting, and trapping
The good Senator Asselta is going to sign on as a co-sponsor
He reccomended I contact Sen Bob Smith who chairs the Senate Environmental Committee where this bill sits.
I have contacted him and ask him to move quickly on this bill
I WOULD ENCOURAGE ALL BARNERS INTERESTED to also contact Sen Smith
his address is
216 Stelton,Rd
suite E-5
Piscataway, NJ 08854
732-752-0770

you can go to New Jersey Legislature.gov and send him e-mail also
We have the power to make this happen IF we get involved :mad:

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Thanks for the Info Willie,
I am going to anchor this ontop of the forum
for awhile so everyone can see and contact the
Senator...

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I also received this letter from Sen. Asselta. It is very important to flood Sen. Smith with mail since he is in the enviro's pocket. He needs to feel our strength in numbers. This bill should do OK in the Assembly where we have more friends. Getting it out to a vote in the Senate will require persistence.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SEEMS TO MORE BARNERS should be getting excited about this.
If this doesn't get done I suspect this page will be FULL of complaints
we need to play OFFENSE and make some noise on this issue.
Indiviual communications will have more impact than RFA and JCAA lobbist
WHO HAS CONTACTED THE GOOD SENATOR ?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Bucktail, I just sent him an E-mail.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Here's a copy of my letter. It is inflamatory but that's the message I want these guys to get. I copied Gov. Codey too.

Assemblyman Jeff Van Drew
21 North Main St.,
Cape May Court NJ 08210

Senator Nicholas Asselta
1450 East Chestnut Ave., Suite B
Vineland, NJ 08361

Dear Sirs:

I am writing to express my support for Senate Bill S2148 and Assembly Bill A3606. This bill intends to define the role of the Fish and Game Council in order to prevent the type of extremist over-reaching that has become the everyday method of operation for our DEP Commissioner, Mr. Bradley Campbell.

It is unfortunate that New Jersey residents must seek such protections from their own government officials, but as we have seen repeatedly over the last three years, Commissioner Campbell continues on a misguided crusade to advance his own lopsided agenda.

Until such time as Governor Codey recognizes that the will of the majority of the citizens is being thwarted by a few well-financed misguided extremists and replaces Commissioner Campbell, this type of legislation is essential to protect our freedom.

Please provide your full support to this legislation.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can find address,phone e=mail for your legislators by going to

www.njleg.state.nj/us

find who you are looking for and send off SHORT note
sample
I'm requesting your support for A2148/S2148 which makes the NJ Fish and Game Council sole regulatory body for Fishing,Hunting and Trapping
I fish and I vote
thank you
name
address

Also send copy to Sen Bob Smith of Piscataway who is chairman of Environmental committee where s-2148 sits
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts