BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone target the Shadd in the Delaware River or is everyone after the Stripers? Does any one know there location right now? I'm close to the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Thanks!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shad

Americans can be caught in good numbers at the end of April at Worthington State Forest in Jersey. Great camp ground too. Early morning and late afternoon. Take a nap during the day. Darts, my favorites are gold then yellow with a red head. Good luck,

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
way up there

Wow that is way outta range I think. I guess I'll cruise an hour over to the Chesapeake bay instead. I've had a great time over there. Just wanted more local. thanks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Shad in the Delaware

The Shad run usually corresponds to the blooming of the Dogwood. Some of the best shad fishing is going on right now in the upper delaware. A good place to start is in Delaware NJ. Nice campground with ramp access to the river. Also if you have a chance try one of the great fishing guides in that area. Log on to fishassured.com They are an excellent group and you actually learn something about the whole process of the shad migration. Smallies in the late summer in this area can't be beat. Give it a try with a guide then try on your own. Good luck. Let us know how you did.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Try smaller rivers/ streams near you. You will be surprised at what you can find. there are shad in NewCastle Cty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts