BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught 1 keeper and about a dozen throwbacks in 5 hours of fishing yesterday. I fished both sides of the high tide. Used monnows. The throwbacks were real small. Let one 16" go and all others besides the keeper were little.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
PA Wayne- last year this time Rodfather and I were going through Shark River on our way outside. Anyway- on the way back in we stopped to flounder fish. We did manage a few keepers on bunker strips- but some guys in small runabouts were doing real good on the ocean side of the railroad bridge- by that restaurant. They were making short drifts and were using small jiheads with what appeared to be small white twister tails. They were bailing them!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Jill and I had about the same action there on Sunday. Hopefully this warm-up will help the bite.
We had a bit more action out front, just a few miles north of the inlet, but Jill was having problems dealing with the swell and we headed back inside after about 40 minutes.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll have to try the inlet, only during the week though. I think the boat traffic through there on the weekend would be dangerous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts