BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on what conditions are I think the mako season will be ripping in June this year as oppossed to May. We have normally done our best the last 2 weeks of May but this year may be different. Unless we get a early heat wave I don't see the numbers of fish showing up on sched. Of course there will probably be some bigger fish caught early but the main body looks 2 weeks behind.

·
Registered
251 Posts
One hard temp break on the edge in the canyons, spilling into 50 fathoms, would be very likely and infact we have had many eddy form offshore thus far this year. The key for inshore 45-20 fathom is consistant south/south east wind pushing the waters from the carolinas and va into ocmd and cm. All you need is 4 days of this and watch water temps rise 4-6 degrees accross the board we likley will be getting more southerly winds and less n west winds.

Still to early i still feel that we will have sharking action before or right at the time of the tournaments......unless we habe 2-3 hard north west blows in the next 3 weeks. I know there are a **** ton of bluefish in southern Va right now as i type. The bait is where it need be.

Capt Steve
F. Stop

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
wonder what will happen, like last year all the early season fish came from the baltimore or two years before that there were fish to be had between 20-40 fathoms early on.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
hopefully i'll have the new boat by the end of the month. I'll be ready when they arrive!!!

I love spring time sharking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts