BASS BARN banner

SHARK !!!

3K views 36 replies 23 participants last post by  sea robbin' 
"Mallick said he thinks the shark was probably attracted to the area because of the warm waters brought in by then-Tropical Storm Charley."

Ummmmm, ok..... That's the first time I've heard that theory :rolleyes: . Since when do land-based hurricanes bring in warm water? If anything, the warm water already here was stirred up and possibly cooled by Charley. I could see if the water was 65* and the strong NE blow brought in some 70*+ gulf stream waters from an ocean-based storm, but not a storm entering the area from over land when the ocean temps were up in the high 70's to begin with.

I've also never heard of a brown shark attacking someone like that, but then again, it may have wanted a snack :D .

C:
"The thing is not changing direction - it's making a beeline right toward me," Mallick said. "I thought, if this thing's going to try to take a chunk out of me, I'm going to hit it first."

"Mallick said as the 5-foot brown shark got near him, he punched it in the gut, and the shark then retreated."

Sounds to me like he thought it was a brown shark coming to attack him. Am I missing something?? :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.